Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Grower Alert

Howdy all,

I am going to rattle off everything I do and please feel free to critique me top to bottom.

Setup. My setup is a 4x4x8 grow tent that I have two Mars Hydro TSW2000. I recently added the second light during flower to hopefully increase yields/quality. I also have a 4 inch inline fan connected to a filter. I currently have a temperature monitor in the tent that turns on a AC unit. I have it set up to pull air from the top of the tent and replace with cool air through a hole in the bottom of the tent using ducting and some plastic bags. I also have a dehumidifier in the tent during flower keeping it at around 50%. I keep my plants elevated a couple inches off of the ground using pvc and old wire shelving.

It is my first time attempting to grow. My plants are 30 days into flower. They were planted June 26th. I am feeding them with general hydroponics flora trio and cal-mag. I try to pH between 5.7-6.3. I mix in a plain water feeding every other week. They are planted in Coco and Perlite. They started their lives in solo cups then I transfered to 5 gallon fabric pots(4 plants in pots, one in solo cup for fun). I try to feed them when the soil feels noticeably lighter, is this a good method? This results in me feeding every other day, sometimes skipping 2 days in a row, but never 3. They have been healthy throughout (I think). I topped two of the plants as an experiment, and once they responded well, I topped them again. I also incorporated LST, but feel I was a bit reluctant to manipulate the branches much at all. Around week 3 of flower I lightly defioliated some of the branches covering bud sights. I may defiolate again.

The strain is by Delicious Seeds and called Critical Jack Herer. I do not really have any reference so please tell me how are they doing?

Concerns: I noticed some strange spotting on one of my plants although the rest of the plant appears to be healthy. In the images it is clear which plant is having this issue. I also noticed a slight burning or browning on the tips of a couple leaves of a different plant, I assumed this was associated with the added light and raised the lights to roughly 18" above the canopy. I also am having some trouble keeping the temperatures down, my AC unit is having to work more than I would like. The Mars Hydro seems to have easy to mount elsewhere drivers. Any warnings on doing so? I worry about a potential fire hazard. Lastly my plants have had mostly purple stems on the fan leaves. I read it could be genetics.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Cheers!

-Slippy

Welcome aboard @Slippy...your watering regimen sounds OK. Others will weigh weigh in on the leaf pics. I don't really see anything to get anxious about. Especially if the discoloration is not showing in others areas of the plant and it doesn't appear to be showing up on the others.
    Last edited by golfnrl; 09-24-2020, 08:11 AM.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Welcome to the grow show glad to have you.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Plants look great - maybe back off on the nutrients a bit - I was always burning my plants using General Hydroponics trio - so I switched nutes.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X