Male??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Male??

Candyland /Coco/ 10th week 9 weeks of veg and in first week of flower/ 390W led 20" from canopy. This is only my second grow and never encountered a male plant yet other than pics from research and maybe its too early to tell yet? But is this plant a male?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200921_182802.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	451375

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200921_184330.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	451374
    God created the herbs of the fields for us to enjoy! The resinous smoke from all of this herb from all over the world rises like incense to his honor and glory!

Yes, 99.9% it is a male. Instead of the pistil coming outing that area, you are developing the triangular beginnings of a male flower. These also commonly sit on a short stalk coming off of the main stem, whereas the female pistils are attached directly to it.

If you have a desire to make seeds for the future, this is a chance. The genetics are unknown, so it's a crap shoot in regards to an actual breeding project, but it could ensure your ability to grow more in the future.

Comment

Wow after all this time ​​​​​​. Not really interested in gathering seeds though. The only thing I can think of that would have caused it would be sudden change in lighting in 9th week went from 110W full spectrum to 390W full spectrum along with some temp swings as it gets cooler here. I just have to start other seeds now. This was a one plant grow and I just got left without. The plant was looking good too! Anyone else have a look and agree or disagree??
      God created the herbs of the fields for us to enjoy! The resinous smoke from all of this herb from all over the world rises like incense to his honor and glory!

Comment

I got left over blue paint.....
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

It does suck to grow out a plant for so long only to find out it is undesirable. Especially when it has great growth and structure, I've been there.

In the future, when you are growing a big plant out from seed, take a clone from it early on, let it root and then immediately put it into flower. In a few weeks you will know whether it is worth continuing to grow the big one out for another month or so. Saves you time and resources.

Comment

• lalaland
            lalaland commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, That’s a great idea for early sex determination. Thanks chad!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X