Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Millennials and their FEELINGS.

Comment

Almost midnight here and these two are going outside for the night for some protection for the house !
      My Rottweiler and my Dobermann puppy on 1 year.
      thanks for all the nice input in this thread and for the nice kindness and loving atmosphere in this forum 🙏🏻
      Stay safe! I love you all !
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I bet I’m getting 2 hours of sleep, then waking up in cold sweat and hammering my pillow because of the nightmares...
        but yea what a day.

But still I’m grateful for all of you in here ! Or else I wouldn’t keep coming online and chatting with you all ❤️

• lalaland
        lalaland commented
        Editing a comment
        They’re beautiful. I bet they kept good watch last night so you could rest. Today is a new day, and I hope you’re feeling awesome! Bring on 2024😂😘

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        They are so protective!
        Every morning 6 o clock, they wait to get inside and get morning food. Motivation for the night !😎
        I slept 4 hours last night, this is the most I get without weed.
        But thanks!! I keep you up on 2024 ! 😗

Tersky my dear sir........how very kind you are blessings to you and i'm so very very sorry this went the way it did. I feel as bad about seeing you taking the crap as i can't wrap my head around it so i'm just so sorry this took place.

And to all who witnessed this i was the one who was short and to the point with my comment. I am the one who was not answering with a " soft touch" i am not a coddler but i also will give the benefit of the doubt and say i'm wrong when i'm wrong. I do not want to harbor bad feelings or be walking on egg shells. This is a Growing Weed site and i don't give BS info. I knew i was the first to approach this post, i saw many lookers maybe new folks and no one made a comment to help with his grow so i did. My approach was not off mark but he did not like the way i said what i said. Some will be that way it's OK just don't get nasty or make violent comments.

I'm apologizing for this event taking place and to dear Tersky for taking the brunt of the shit storm. I'm so very sorry
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        No problems my dear. I wasn't trying to put you on blast or anything. I am just as guilty as you for not coddling however i could see both sides and dont blame you for anything. I extended an olive branch to try and calm things down which he initially took and then kept going off on you and i couldnt just sit back and watch. I could have walked away but i chose to engage so dont feel bad. I can take it. It was a great cathartic release to be honest lol. Been bottling up shit for a while and it leaks every once and a while but this dude shook the bottle and popped the top. Growing up i was ruled by anger which is why i try to be more compassionate tho you couldnt tell recently. I dont fault you nor do i wish you to believe that i dont respect you because i do.

Covid-19 has created a bunch of new gardeners which I think is a good thing! Unfortunately, some of them have a bad attitude and there's not much you can do besides ignore them. If it's any consolation, Nebula and I have also seen an uptick in angry emails. Generally, 99.9% of the emails we receive are super nice, but since covid we've gotten quite a few racist, misogynist emails claiming that we don't know how to grow amongst other things. This is a problem many online communities will have to deal with as a lot of people at home are going online do deal with stress; each community will have to figure out its own way of dealing with trolls. Some places will have a harder time dealing with angry newcomers because they can't afford to turn them away.

This isn't one of those places. My #1 concern with this forum is that it keeps its good-natured character, and you do that by listening to helpful people and removing trolls. I've definitely noticed that we're getting more conflict here, but I feel fortunate because it seems to be much worse on other weed forums. Just remember to flag stuff and don't talk to people who've proven they don't deserve more of your time.

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for chiming in Sirius. I love this site and dont want it to become like other forums i have read. I apologize for not walking away and letting you handle things like i should have. I will do better in the future.

• ChadWestport
        ChadWestport commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm new, like two weeks new, but over 100 posts deep. I've really enjoyed the site, the people and it feel like it's a breath of fresh air from forums that basically just shit all over anyones opinion if you aren't cool or are actually speaking the true science. I intend to hang around here with this motley crue and enjoy myself. I have a Sustainable AG degree, worked on grow at the largest legal indoor facility in my state (20,000 flowering, 30,000 in veg) and have been in love with the plant for over 30 years, so hopefully I can share some knowledge and learn new things too. Thanks for the place to shine SiriusFourside

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
      what i said to some poor chap from Japan who was complaining his plant was growing up into his light - was - borrow a saw and cut your floorboards to lower your plant.

Only been reprimanded once.
      Thats effing priceless.

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks - i read what you wrote above and you have a greater knowledge of this plant than a lot of us that only grow 4 plants at a time - i look forward to reading more of your replies to nasty green spots on leaves.

• ChadWestport
        ChadWestport commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, I have no doubt I will learn a few things here too. We're all human and always learning. Personal cultivation and commercial cultivation are totally different beasts. Loads of commonalities but things growers do on the small scale do not translate well when replicated on a mass scale. Can you imagine a 20,000 sq ft facility with a million 4" clip fans everywhere? Same time, lots of the big commercial grade stuff doesn't translate down due to size and cost. So each of them have their unique skill sets and I love them both. There will always be more love given to the plant when you are the one person it is destined for. Commercial vs craft.

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a 100 year old dumb waiter sitting in my basement. I should cut a hole in my closet floor then raise and lower the giant plant, instead of messing with the lights.

Major Askhole here. I appreciate everyone's help with my dilemma, and I hope to make you proud. I think I saw the beginning of this but I don't feel I am one to give anyone advice yet. I ended up following a thread on another site, dude drank half a gram of distillate from a dead battery/disp pen, I kept checking for updates. It was extremely funny. I plan to stick around here, I had two small and two bigger clones in glasses last night - the cat stole the nicest one. I read and read before I joined, I still read nightly yet I have questions, and I hate bugging anyone but appreciate whoever replies. I feel like Mr.furley is my girls' adopted father.
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        It's ok, we all start out new. At least you are reading. There have been lots who just post pics and ask what is wrong but when we try to explain it feels like i am speaking a foreign language almost. I bear responsibility for being impatient so it is not your fault. It seems silly to get frustrated over a question now that i think about it. I dont think you are an askhole. Keep reading and ask questions when you dont understand. Some things take experience to learn as well so dont get disheartened if things dont work perfectly. I cant promise i'll be a ball of sunshine all the time but i will promise to try to be more understanding of others circumstances. Sorry about you plant that got snatched by your cat!. Luckily i have not had that issue. My father used to say when i was a kid and he ate something that i was looking forward to eating as a snack that we must have rats! I dont know why that made me think of that but i joke about that with him from time to time.

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm "a Beatles' song" years old, my first grow was decades ago using my 1979 'grow bible', things have changed. I swore weed would be legal by Y2K - wrong! I put down a yellow sticky bug-catching pad, first thing it caught was the cat's paw. I have an Aero-Garden on a pedestal near the cat's tower/feeding spot, he likes dill too. I have a pound ZipLoc full of homegrown KY catnip a friend sent along with seeds, the cat prefers weed. One of my dad's most memorable, or repeated, sayings was "wish in one hand, shit in the other, see which one fills up first. Glad you have your dad to reminisce with still.

I am an Hvac contractor and I get askholed to death during the summer. People scream and bitch about parts being cheaper on amazon. I tell them all well do your clicky thing and get amazon out here to fix it. I will wait but your paying Me to wait. Or I can fix it right now here today for this price take it or leave it. I hate to be that way cause I am really a nice guy. But your paying me for the years of training and to know how to fix it right the first time of possible. Leaks are a bitch. But the one thing I have learned in life is. Most knowledge is free in life you just have to be willing to listen. then EDUCATE yourself that’s the only way to truly learn. Hell I only know you from the few posts I have seen of yours. And it’s no sweat dude.
      4x4 flower tent
      sour dream
      Blue Diesel
      Trainwreck
      platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
      Green Dream
      Sour Dream
      blue dream
      Freakshow

Comment

• Xena
        Xena commented
        Editing a comment
        What I learned being in construction is that freakin HGTV should be banned.....buncha askholes watchin guys do a weeks work in 30min and then bitchin about how long you’re taking.

Dang. I think I was in on the thread but must have left before things went awry. I wondered why I couldn't access or answer anything until I looked up the user name and saw "Banned." Tersky I've been around here a while and am in my 4th grow. But I'm still a new grower. I know this. I read a lot and your posts are usually no nonsense. That tells me I should pay attention. Nothing wrong with that. I call that experience. In my line of work the more experienced or 'veterans' if you will were always a little edgy, especially when asked the same questions over and over. So, I understand about checking out for a while but please don't take to long of a break.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Hey Tersky. I was in on the original post. I didn't get a chance to read your comment to my post before it was gone. I think you gave him plenty of chances to come back to earth. He was gone early. Guy was a Butthead after two or three posts. I'm a nube and I love this site. You all make me feel welcome.. I know I've asked some really stupid questions and I "have" read the whole of the tutorial. Trust is something you earn and all the regulars on this site have earned mine. It would be a shame to loose your insite here because of a db like him. ☮️

Comment

Ahhhhh..............been trimmin weed.......what the hecks going on here? What'd i miss? everything good now??
          Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
          Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
          6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
          Canna Coco/perlite
          General Hydroponics Flora Series
          Cal/Mag.

Tent
          Bruce Banner
          Kushy Kush
          2Cookies and cream

Comment

Tersky I realise Im new here, and probably one of the people who have been asking some annoying questions, sorry. I dont know what happened and from what I have been reading you stuck up for someone and they got what they deserved. Yes it might have been handled better, but we all make mistakes. You and numerous others are the reason I joined this Forum, which by the way is the only Forum I have joined. Even before I joined up I was reading the Forum and getting advice from you and others like Mr.furley SoOrbudgal Rwise MeEasy Canuck147 and many others by reading your posts and comments to others posts, still doing it now. The tutorials on the site and you guys here on this forum are the reason Im pretty damn happy with my first indoor grow in 15 years, and have fallen back in luv with growing this awesome plant.
            I do want to say as a newbie to all of the more experienced and respected growers on this Forum, that not all of us are asking annoying questions because we havent done our research. The problem with doing your own research sometimes is that you end up with so much misleading or wrong information that it leaves you with more questions than answers. Before I found this site and forum, I was researching from at least 10 different sites and I remember everything I read. So it leaves you with a lot of questions in the back of your mind. And also sometimes as a newbie you do know the answer to the annoying question you are asking haha, but you just need that encouragement from other growers to get the confidence to actually go through with it.
            Tersky enjoy your time off but hope to see you back shortly buddy, I am starting to plan my next grow and yours and everyone elses advice would be greatly appreciate. And I apologise in advance to everyone for any annoying messages I write, cheers.
            Last edited by newbutoldgrower75; 09-22-2020, 06:11 AM.
            3rd indoor grow in 15 years.

2 x Wedding Cake(New420guy)
            2 x Grandoggy Jones(Connoisseur Genetics)
            6ft x 6ft BudBox Pro White
            4 x 37litre(10 Gallon) Bucket Company pots
            Professor's Nutrients 70% Coco 30% Perlite
            3 x ES 300's (2 x V2, 1 x V3)
            Professor's Nutrients feeding program(slightly modified)
            ISO-Max 200 exhaust fan with filter

Comment

Id like to offer up some advice to the forum about posting and keeping this place the great family it is. This is not personally and is not directed at any one person but the community as a whole and is just my opinion on how to get through the harder times. Call me a askhole or want ever the kids say these days.

I have been on here for four years and seen my fair share of the ups and downs of the people that come and go, some just ask a quick question and never return and others become part of the group while others are just trolls looking to pick a fight and still others just drop in once a year after Harvest. It's really hard to repeat the basic questions need to get all the information from peeps to help the best, especially like "do you have pictures""what's the medium" but having all the info to make a good assessment of the problem is just part of giving your time here, asking questions to questions may seem counterproductive but telling someone to flush there plant not know it's in supersoil only leading to telling them to go buy a nutrient line when that's what they were avoiding and causing more problems and confrontation.

It warms my heart to see that light bulb moment and the new growers not only meet but exceed their expectations and in many cases outgrow the ones that are help them, I'm truly here at my own free will with the intent of not only sharing but Caring and you should be to. As you grow as a grower on this forum you will find that asking someone every morning what there PH is becomes daunting and it is good to take a break from the redundancy, there are plenty of people here to take your place. I am burnt out on basics but I still find the time to pick who I choose to help just at a smaller scale these days and I have no judgement about any question that is needed to be asked no matter how simple they seem because to new Growers there's a sense of urgency from the unknown some of the old-timers have forgotten to worry about.

I encourage all that are here to help around on the forum from the new Growers to us old grumpy assess this place is about the wide range of diversity that we all can share to achieve a common goal and that is we love growing cannabis.

what I have found over the years is the best way for me to go about helping is to get the most amount of information I can before offering up advice even if I think I know the answer, this not only makes everything clear for you but also the ghost Readers that don't talk just watch, after that Make a assessment of what might help and POST A LINK TO THE MAIN WEBSITE. This does a lot of things

1) It take the sole responsibility off you for the answer.
              2) it backs up what you are trying to get at.
              3) it opens the door to a world of knowledge.
              4) It give the person posting anwsers time other places on the forum while that research is being done.

On the flipside this helps you as well, by going and finding the exact paragraph you're thinking of, you refresh yourself on the subject at hand, I can not tell you all how many times I've had an ah ha moment digging something up for someone else that has pushed me even farther down the GWE.COM rabbit hole. brushing up on your knowledge is important to be informative on here and I frequently visit the site not only for information for someone else but to pre read something I havent dealt with first-hand or haven't seen or done in a long time, This place is truly the stone that sharpens my weed sword.

A phrase that has stuck with me most of my life is " you can't change a person you can only change yourself". If you have ever been on other cannabis help groups you know the harshness of places like Facebook and how they seem to only have people there to bash on Newby's and brag about their own badassery, it's sad and I personally don't want this place to be like that, this place is special not only to me but to a lot of you and the new growers are its future.

There is no stopping anyone that wants to be here but by working together we can make this place the best it can be, we can keep it helpful and fun, we are what we make it but we also don't need to be verbally abused. I have seen more than one person get shunned on here, not ban but shunned for their bad attitude and lack of respectful communication skills and they still login and read but don't talk anymore. I don't want to seem like we shoukd be a clicky In Crowd that's not my point, my point is everyone should feel free to ask, everyone should feel free to answer just do it mindfully.
              my motto is on my work table everytime I go in there.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200921_132059.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.47 MB ID:	451587
              Last edited by Mr.furley; 09-22-2020, 11:17 AM.
              You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Tersky
                Tersky commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Mr Furley this is good advice. I agree that sometimes we have shamed growers and i am also part of that. I dont want this to be a cool kids club either and regret making people feel stupid for asking questions. I am glad that we are discussing this as i think it is important to step back and really look at how we handle things. I'm not gonna lie, all of this has made me realize how emotionally exhausted i am dealing with everything i am dealing with.

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Good morning Tersky
                Like I said this isn't directed at one person this is something I have found to help me stay positive and helpful on here. This is a weed forum but it is also a support group for it members in more ways then one.

FYI I edited this post I meant to say main website, not main forum. Tincture was straight kicking in.

I am realizing i am a hair away form losing my mind. The dog that people seem to think is dead is not dead yet, but she cant walk hardly and i have to hold her up to piss and shit. She falls down at least 6 times a day and i usually wake up to piss or shit smeared into the carpet. This is not a new occurrence and has been going on for the past year. I took her to the doc a month ago and as a hail mary they started giving her steroids to increase her appetite as she had lost 10 lbs in the past few months. The appetite returned but now that is all she thinks of. Every moment she is awake she begs for food. So much i literally have to shut her in a room or shut myself in a room to make her stop. The issue is that i do this every day and have done this every day for a year. I didnt notice that it had been slowly chipping away at my sanity but this episode made it clear to me. I just bottle it up and every once and a while it leaks out and whoever is in the way gets shit on. That is not right and not fair to the community. I used to be patient but cant lie to myself anymore. It is bringing up bad memories of my mom who was bedridden for 3 years before she died 13 years ago. To be honest, i pushed away friends, quit my job and literally sit in my room waiting to feed my dog or clean up one of her messes and i thought initially that i was being a good dog owner by doing this. Now days, i literally just want her to die so i can be released from this hell. I resent her, like i did my mom and feel stupidly selfish for feeling that way which in turn makes me hate myself. People tell me that i need to take care of myself, but if i do that who is going to take care of my baby? Even though she has cognitive and physical issues it doesnt look like she wants to die and i just cant bring myself to put her down. Mostly this is just me getting things off my chest, but it also serves as an indication to the people i have been rude to that it is never about them. I'm not in a good place and it was never your fault for asking a question. IDK really why i am saying this to be honest but i felt like i had to get it off my chest. I know this mostly has nothing to do with growing weed and apologize for the rant. I dont have anyone to talk to so sorry.

Comment

• buds73
                buds73 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm sorry to hear about your dog and I understand how you feel. I had to make the decision a few months ago to put our American bulldog Missie to sleep. She was going blind and occasionally starting to just pee where she stood and sometimes when she was led down she also developed like an abscess on her cheek and a lump around her eye but they would go up and down in size, turns out she had a mass tumor. When I took her to the vets I was fully expecting her to come back home with me but had to make the decision instead to put her to sleep. When I rang my wife to let her know what I had to do my children were with her I had to listen to my daughter breaking her heart and begging me to bring her home it was really heart breaking but in hindsight it really was the right thing to do. I was unable to go into the vets with my Missie to have her put to sleep due to covid and watching her being walked off back inside and not being able to be with her for her last breath was hard.
                I guess what I'm trying to say is that sometimes we have to make decisions we don't like and making the decision to put a pet down is hard and does come with a feeling of guilt attached to it, you are after all deciding whether to end there life and you have to sign for that. Like others have said you have to weigh up their quality of life and I think you have put your emotions aside when weighing that up.

• ChadWestport
                ChadWestport commented
                Editing a comment
                Man, my heart honestly goes out to you. I'm pretty certain I might not be here if it wasn't for the love of a dog I rescued. She was my one and only true friend in the world, always happy to see me when I came through the door from a crumby job. She developed cushings disease at a young age for her breed, your situation reminds me of mine. I didn't sleep more then 2 solid hours for over a year because she would have to go outside, if she was lucky enough to make it. It's coming up next month on 6 years, I still tear up. Making the decision to put her down was hard, very hard and I still think about it frequently. I know that I did what was right for her, I wouldn't want her to suffer just so I could be comfortable. Out of love, I knew it was time. Not all decisions in life are easy, nor are they all fun, but in honor of my best friend in the world, I had to do it. I hope that you and your furry friend find a similar kind of peace. I'm a guy who believes in weird cosmic energy and enjoy quantum physics, so to me our energy will always be together, always and forever. Damn man, I just want to give you a computer hug. Fuck.... peace be with you both. Tersky

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                I can kinda relate as I have a sick dog as well, he has a back injury which causes him to think 1 flea is a thousand and he goes after it. It certainly plays on ones nerves to try everything and have nothing work for more than a few months. He also luvs to go out and hunt with the other dogs, all I can do is keep trying to give him the best life I can. IDK when it will get better, but I hang in there for him.

buds73 oh stop. You made me blush.

There are three kinds of people:

those who make things happen
              those who watch things happen
              and
              those who wonder what happened.

I'm always behind door #3

Comment

• buds73
                buds73 commented
                Editing a comment
                Only speaking the truth. That was a great post

• lalaland
                lalaland commented
                Editing a comment
                It really was😁

Ok guys. She's gone. Had to put her down. No weed to help the pain until i can get some from my guy on Friday or saturday, which could also be next week. Im gonna take a leave of absence but htank you for all the support you have given. I promised her i would be there til the end and i kept my promise despite how heartbreaking it was. She didnt suffer and it was quick. I'll see you when i see you. Thanks. Here is my tribute.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12-10-06_1302.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	452153

Name:	babybella2.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	452154

Name:	12-27-06_1021.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	452155

Name:	02-11-07_1606.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	452156Click image for larger version

Name:	08-31-07_1818.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	452157Click image for larger version

Name:	12-31-07_0009.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	452158

Name:	bella.jpeg
Views:	291
Size:	264.7 KB
ID:	452159Click image for larger version

Name:	n623057247_305816_7132.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	452160Click image for larger version

Name:	012.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	924.4 KB
ID:	452161

I have tons more but have to find them and dont feel like doing so at the moment. Peace ya'll.

Tersky

Comment

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Run free, sweet girl. Look over your daddy.

• golfnrl
                golfnrl commented
                Editing a comment
                So very sorry @tersky...cherish the memories brother.

• lalaland
                lalaland commented
                Editing a comment
                How beautiful she was😔 So sorry for your loss.
                My 💔 for you

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X