Caterpillars / BT spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caterpillars / BT spray

Can I use BT caterpillar spray on flowers? I'm about 3-4 weeks from harvest.
    I see that it's on California's list of approved pesticides. Any advice, precautions?

Newbie question but what is BT spray?

Comment

Don’t ever spray anything on flowers that’s just my advice.

Comment

Last year I used spinosad and plucked all I could find. This year the praying mantis have done the job.

Comment

I have/had a praying mantis on one of my outdoor girls. He's lived on her nearly all his life. He found her when he was tiny, now he's about 2.5-3" long.

Comment

Here's mine thats not camera shy, the others hide very well. I did move it (and another) the other day, once on my hand I tried to put it on a GG4, it said "no way dude"! So I took it to the GSC and it moved right off onto the plant.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            I wish we had mantis around, i've not seen one this year. I just have butterflies landing on my buds LOL oh and a occasional bee.

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            The 40 acre outdoor commercial grow next to me puts these out, and ladybugs, they come here and I am glad to have them!
            Next year should be even better!

I don't spray once my buds are into their final weeks. I walk through the garden and take long long looks at each plant now. I shake them alittle, i inspect every branch and i mean i look at it all. Unless you got " sterile grounds" you are in the bug zones growing outdoors. I'm a recreational/hobby grower only grow for ourselves. So with the legal limit of plants i can maintain decent outdoor plants and i don't grow " monsters or over 6ft " .
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X