uv lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uv lighting

i read somewere that plants dont like uv to protect from it they produce more resin thc etc does anybody give there plants uv lighting how do u do it does it make a diffrence or is it complete horseshit let me know guys thanks

I have found UVB light is effective at producing more trichs. Lots of LED's have them built in and LEC and MH can produce UV light. You have to have an open hood (one that does not have glass) as glass blocks UV light.

Comment

I'm finishing up my 3rd grow. My Seedsman Alaskan Purple is EXACTLY on time, according to their advertised flowering time. I'm gittin' amber trichomes even! I'm a relative newbie but my 315 W LEC has done a great job of evoking trichomes. Of course, I can't judge other setups, only mine.
      Attached Files
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Yes, UVB is the real deal but you don't want it too strong or for too long of a duration. Some growers will only use it the last three weeks of flower.

Comment

• BR2K
          BR2K commented
          Editing a comment
          I've used mine for almost the entire grows. I currently am using it only for flower, with a 3k bulb. Distance from the bulb is pretty important, although I might keep mine a little closer than most. My second grow, I burned a Laughng Buddha bud

• ChadWestport
          ChadWestport commented
          Editing a comment
          You are right, distance and intensity are important when factoring duration. My experience with what I said was based on commercial experience where they just hammer everything.

I use it in my entire grow from start to finish. Never had a problem with too much Uv, as long as you keep the distance from the plants.
        Most LED lights have the wide spectrum of the colored lights you need.
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• ChadWestport
          ChadWestport commented
          Editing a comment
          definitely, the overall percentage of light in the UV spectrum is important and will allow you to use it based on intensity, if low for a full cycle.

So any uv bulb will do what wattage and how far from plants do u just use a cfl bulb holder thanks

Comment

Originally posted by growell View Post
          So any uv bulb will do what wattage and how far from plants do u just use a cfl bulb holder thanks
          My setup is dedicated: https://www.amazon.com/Growers-Horti...0631123&sr=8-6

I won't vouch for Vivosun light assemblies. I have one that kept quit working (granted one was from a power surge) during a couple of grows. If you haven't yet, I recommend checking out GWE's article on the topic.
          A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X