Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help?

Running a dwc and only used this aerogarden food so far 1 cap per plant. Ph is checked twice a day fluctuating from 5.8-6.3 and ppm is at 330 for the first pic and 190 for the second pic. What kind of deficiency is this? The plants are under a separate 60w led Light panel. Water temp is at 23 degrees. Should I change nutes because the plants needs a better ratio of nutes? The aerogarden food is a 4-3-6 blend

How do the roots look? Looks like calcium deficiency but your nutes have calcium and magnesium but not sure if it is enough. Are you using RO water? If not then ppm is a little low and i would up feed a bit. I dont think for veg that the ratio is too bad but you may want a lower N and higher P for flower. The symptoms to me look like calcium deficiency and ph issues (wrinkling of leaves) which can also be a root issue. Also res temp is borderline high IMO as it warmer water has lower dissolved oxygen. I would try to keep res temp 60 F (16 C) to 70 F (21 C). Not saying this is what it is just throwing out common hydro issues that create these symptoms.

Comment

Howdy Manimalistic, I would say the deficiency is starvation! The ratio for GH MaxiGrow is 10-5-14 and the PPM should be from 1050 (mid growth) and 1400 (late growth, my tap water runs more than 330, just by itself. As well, 60 watts is not enough light, the plants should have around 110 watts per plant to grow properly. My advice would be to, at least, double the dosage untill You can get some nutrients more suited to cannabis growing.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Tersky roots look nice and white. I’m using tap water which comes out at 140 ppm
        my ph is at 5.8 which I check twice a day. My ph was off about a week ago but I’ve been keeping track since then.

Comment

• Tersky
          Tersky commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah that is probably the issue. Make sure you let the ph fluctuate and get above 6.0 as calcium is absorbed around 6.0 or higher. Check this chart to see what i am talking about https://www.growweedeasy.com/wp-cont...-marijuana.jpg. If you had ph issues then it may just be from that and those leaves probably wont recover. Make sure new growth does not show the same symptoms. Being so young increase feed with caution as you may experience nute burn. Seedlings dont take much nutes at all. I run ph'd cal-mag water in my res the first week then when i see the first set of true leaves i start feeding. I use GH Flora Trio nutes and follow the schedule on the main site which you can find here https://www.growweedeasy.com/wp-cont...ule-custom.jpg

Since i'm not familiar with the nutes you are using it is hard to tell you how much to feed but they will start to want more nutes the older it gets but as a seedling they dont need much.

DW2 these plants are a little over 2 weeks old and I had them running at 300 ppm and noticed stress? So I dropped the ppm and they seemed to do better? I’ll see how they do with a little more food. Thanks

Comment

Tersky I noticed they got a little bit worse so I’ve used a bit of Cal Mag to see if that will help with the deficiencies? I’ll take a look at those articles u sent me. And will be changing nutes soon. Thanks 🙏🏾 Here’s a pic of the problem a little more advanced

Comment

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            New growth looks good but old growth wont recover. Sorry man its hard to be certain with unfamiliar nutes. If you notice the same thing happening to newer growth then i would definitely switch to new nutes but i feel as if you continue adding cal mag and keep PH in correct range letting in fluctuate from at least 5.8-6.3 you should not have issues on new growth. When i did hydro i would ph to 5.8 and let it get to 6.3 before adjusting. I do coco now as i got tired of checking res twice a day but that was due to setup more than anything. That and my back lol.

For me it’s more like my knees lol. I’ll keep an eye ad Cal Mag and let my ph fluctuate more to help with calcium absorption. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X