Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbutoldgrower75
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the advice and the link ChadWestport. I have only been freezing the what I have trimmed off so I could save it until I harvested the girls so I can use all the trim together to have a go at making oil. Thanks for your help buddy.

• newbutoldgrower75
    replied
    Thank you SoOrbudgal the girls are looking better now the canopies arent so dense and the air flow is much better. I will make sure I break up the 'paragraphs' I am writing in the future lol, sorry about that. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Go ahead and do that harvest won't hurt and use it for decarb and baking or whatever? You can comment long as you want, a extra space between paragraphs help me and others focus ( well it's me my overdone eyes ) but i can read whatever you write LOL

• ChadWestport
    commented on 's reply
    I've never actually froze any of it before. I know there is the "fresh frozen" extracts that cut the plant and bring it straight to a freezer to later make "live" extracts - https://wheresweed.com/blog/growing/...ozen-marijuana
    But I imagine as long as the plant material isn't moosh you should be good. The trichome heads become very brittle when frozen and fall off easily, so take it out of the bag over whatever you are doing with it, whether that be edibles, dry sift or bubble hash.

• newbutoldgrower75
    replied
    Thanks SoOrbudgal thank you for your help, advice and encouragement, very much appreciated. Im looking forward to trying to make some oil out of the trim and smaller buds for the first time. The more I learn the more I might be able to help someone else on here down the track. The foxtails did stress me out a bit, and was actually going to start harvesting the girls because of some information that I had been reading on other sites awhile ago. Also the person who I got the clones off said to start harvesting as well. But someone on here who I have been messaging told me straight out not to, and Im glad they did. The girls have been filling out even more the laast couple of days after I gave them a bit of a defoliation and started spacing the buds out. I thank you Tersky MeEasy and a couple of others for giving me the push I needed to start defoliating during flowering, completely new thing to me. I have been thinking about doing a sequetial harvest as I can see some will be ready before others. I actually didnt think about it helping the air flow. I have a few smaller buds around 3 to 5 inches below the rest in the middle of the canopy that arent doing much but making the canopy more dense. The buds would be lucky to dry up to a half gram to a gram. Would it affect the girls at all if I harvested some of these now? It would help with air flow and help to prevent mold/bud rot Im guessing, what are your thoughts on that. Sorry for the long comment, Im just trying to think of ways to break up how dense the canopy is a bit more. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• newbutoldgrower75
    commented on 's reply
    ChadWestport feeling a bit better about the humidity and temperatures now, thanks. A lot of the leaves and bits that I have trimmed off since the 3rd week have had a lot of Trichomes on them and I have been putting them in the freezer until I harvested the girls. Should I have dried and cured them before freezing it? Just been saving it all up to give making oil a go.

• ChadWestport
    commented on 's reply
    Those temps are fine. As long as the material has trichomes, it is good for use. Just be sure do dry and cure it as you normally would.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    You could use that trim newbutoldgrower75 why not ! Those temps are fine now also, we get the humidity now indoors bad where i'm at. That's my worry outdoors and in now. Immature seedy weed if that's what your thinking you may get with the foxtails or high heat times smoke is good. I've had many a long drawn out grow that foxtailed on top and lower half still shooting white hairs. You can do a " sequetial harvest" in sections take branches that are ripe leave rest to ripen. Will also ease the trapped air flow in the tent. Wet trim is how i do all my plants cause of fall harvest humidity. Best of luck, you can do this

Leave a comment:

• newbutoldgrower75
    commented on 's reply
    Thats what I was thinking, but they seem so popular these days. Im hoping its genetics, person I got clones off says his do it as well. I did have a couple of warm days when the tent got to around 28C(82.4F) but otherwise the room has been sitting between 24C(75.2F) and 26C(78.8F) most of the time. I was actually going to try my luck with making some oil for my brother who has Epilepsy, so was thinking of using the foxtails and trim for that?

• ChadWestport
    replied
    I'm not a fan of trimming machines. They are very rough on the flower and knock a lot of the precious trichomes off. Foxtails happen, sometimes genetics, sometimes too much nitrogen in flower and sometimes its just the room is too hot. But not to worry, they smoke too

Leave a comment:

• newbutoldgrower75
    replied
    Thank you everyone for your help and advise, I think I am getting ontop of the humidity problem in the grow room. Once I get the dehumidifier for the room I have the tent in tomorrow, I think I will be stressing a little less haha.
    Noticed these popping up yesterday while doing some defoliation and seoerating the branches. My anxiety went through the roof when I first found them, the humidity was bad enough. Had my friend, who I got the clones from, drive nearly 2 hours to check my plants out for me. He said that he has been growing the same clones from a mother plant for two years and has always gotten foxtails. So after chatting to him, MeEasy over messages and doing a bit of research, my anxiety is back to only 50% haha. So Im now looking at getting a trimming machine to knock those foxtails off when I harvest, any advice/suggestions on these machines anyone?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• newbutoldgrower75
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Gluteous for the compliment and advice. Great idea using the dehunidifier to use while drying, thanks.

• newbutoldgrower75
    commented on 's reply
    MagicMike66 .. thank you for the compliment. I tried upping the fan speed to Max and it didnt really do much unfortunately. But after a bit of pruning and bud seperation, was able to get the humidity down a bit. Going to have a look at dehumidifiers tomorrow.

• newbutoldgrower75
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the advise and compliment ChadWestport. Have done a bit of defoliation and seperation of the buds the best I can. RH was down 10% this morning. Going to look at some dehumidifiers tomorrow, something that is big enough to bring down the humidity in the room the tent is in, I am using passive intake for this grow. Cant really afford it this week, but think its going to be a good investment.

• newbutoldgrower75
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Tersky I appreciate it. I gave two of them a bit of a defoliation yesterday and tried to seperate the branches the best I could like SoOrbudgal advised, the humidity was at 52% this morning which is nearly 10% less than what it has been sitting at for the past week or so. Will tackle the third one tomorrow. So thanks to the both of you, my anxiety levels are getting lower.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X