Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do about rain when budding and growing in garden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do about rain when budding and growing in garden?

Been growing in garden. Two of the plants are portable so I can move to the shed if rain threatens. One is in too heavy a pot. What can I do with that one if rain threatens? Worried I'll just lose that plant. Thanks for any help

Cover it where it is or maybe get enough help to get it on something like a wagon or small trailer that you can move around if it's feasible.

Comment

Yep all you can do is make a teepee cover with plastic i guess. These kinda things are worked into the plan prior to the point of no return. You are in the point of no return, got a hand truck/dolly ?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Little red kids wagons work great to move potted plants around.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Cover it with some clear plastic. Use pvc pipe from the hardware store. Easy to configure / set-up / tear down. Do be sure to properly stake it into the ground. Google mini hoop house or wind tunnel, you'll get the idea.

Next year, if you put your pots on pallets and you have a pallet jack, doesn't matter how heavy or big they get, you can always easily move them. It also creates airflow around the root base which is helpful.

Comment

Thanks for the great ideas.. I was able to move it by myself against a fence and bought a clear plastic shower curtain which nailed to the fence's horizontal cross beam seems to work well.... Fingers crossed!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Great idea SAR001 this will definitely help. Lean too teepee anything like that and go out and give her a little shake now and then when you check for molds or rot. This happens overnight, you got this just be vigilant checking her.

• ChadWestport
              ChadWestport commented
              Editing a comment
              Thats a brilliant fix. Improvising is a big part of outdoor growing

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X