Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[1st grow summary!!] 4x Femenized Jack Herer - 14.6oz - 17.5 weeks seed to harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL [1st grow summary!!] 4x Femenized Jack Herer - 14.6oz - 17.5 weeks seed to harvest

Hey team!! Pictures below!

Well it has been an awesome time working on this project! It was my first grow, 4x femenized Jack Herer indoors in soil, and I think it went pretty well. Thank you so much for the input and help along the way.

Started soaking seeds: Apr 28
    Planted: May 1
    Switched to flower: June 23
    Harvested: Sept 1
    Total grow time: 123 days (17.5 weeks)

Total harvest (after drying for 2 weeks): 414g / 14.6oz / 0.9 pound

The buds are now curing in mason jars. Humidity seems ok.

Issues:
    • Very little, I consider myself lucky this run
    • I had a small layer of mould on the soil the whole time. I think this might be normal for living soil (Stepwell Super Soil). Didn't seem to effect the plants.
    • I had one bud with bud rot a few weeks before harvest, chopped it off, no problems after that.
    • Halfway through flower some of the leaves started to get brown spots. I believe it was a nutrient issue. Didn't seem to effect the plants much. See this post.
    For next time:
    • Pretty much the only thing I want to change for next time is the trimming. I think the lower buds could have been much bigger had I removed more fan leaves during the flowering stage. We'll see on the next grow!
    • The Stepwell super soil with EM1, veg top dress and bloom top dress worked really well
    Initial investment: $1500 CAD + a ton of my time
    Market value of bud from first grow: $3000 CAD
    Every grow after this: ~$200-300 input for 4 plants; $3000 output. Incredible.

Overall super happy with it. Time to make some tinctures and start the next grow! It'll be 2x Harlequin (CBD only) and 2x Lamb's Bread,

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20200915_004447668.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	449740Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20200915_032958972.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	3.90 MB
ID:	449741

Attached Files

Now that's what we love to see big or small what ever it is but being successful with healthy grown plants. Excellent work and enjoy your rewards just beautiful
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Wowza!! Nice job!
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Congrats on the successful grow! How much does Jack Herer stretch after the flip to 12/12?
        Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

• Pizzalover
          Pizzalover commented
          Editing a comment
          I would say 50%-70% stretch. Quite a lot (moved the lights up 2 or 3 times).

Thanks for the kudos!

Comment

Damn, that is impressive. I have grown that strain and I love that strain. Well done!

Comment

• Pizzalover
            Pizzalover commented
            Editing a comment
            It's my favourite.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X