Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any uses for "shake" leaves trimmed off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any uses for "shake" leaves trimmed off?

Are there any uses for leaves trimmed off during plant growth? I cut off quite a few larger (fan) leaves that were shading buds and hurting fresh air circulation during the growing season. Maybe edibles, etc.?

Not really. Even if they had a little "sugar" there is no psychoactive use as far as I know. When you get into sugar leaves that is - indeed- another matter.
    Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
    photoperiod feminized seeds
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Nah water leaves don't do anything. If you have big ones you can use them as rolling papers. That's fun. Otherwise they are trash

Comment

Thanks for your input folks. Figured as much.

Comment

I give mine to the witch lady on the next block who uses them for herbal teas

Comment

We have a cat lady on our block. Her cats like leaf

Comment

• NebulaHaze
              NebulaHaze commented
              Editing a comment
              I give leaves to my cat sometimes. She waits silently by the tent when I'm working in hopes I give her one afterwards. Sometimes I wonder if it makes her a little high, she seems so happy!

Mine get in and walk around like a tiger in the jungle lol. I never let them stay in long enough to nibble tho. At least not that I have noticed. That would put a cat in the dog house for sure

Comment

I, too, have kitties wandering my room lol just two, and one is much more interested than the other, but they still like being in there.. I actually posted a result from my youngest kitty nibbling on my plant! My plant is still so young, so I was not very happy about that lol I just need to get them trained, they're still so curious! Lol

Comment

I got one pure Siamese. About 10 years old. He loves it. Every time I go down there to work he comes down and hangs out. I used plywood and cut holes in it for net pots as my base and he just climbs right up there and weaves his way thru the jungle. Then I got like a 1 1/2 year old mix that somebody dropped off at the spring where I get my water last winter. Poor thing woulda died out there if I didn't bring her home. She just gets in and flops down. They love their cat nip and I love mine lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X