Autoflower leaves are sad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autoflower leaves are sad

Hi everyone, I am a new member and also a first-time autoflower grower. My experience so far, is the successful growing of four outdoor plants which are coming along nicely. I have some tangerine dream autoflower plants that I am growing indoors. I started them from seed and about two weeks ago I put them into a grow light enclosure. They are 8 weeks old and have flowering 4 weeks. The fan leaves are turning horrible colors!!!. I have been adjusting the light, in order to get amaintain 40,000 lux. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!!! 😎

Could be ph flux or root rot. Need more info than just a pic of some leaves. What medium? Ph? Nutes? temp? Humidity? What does the rest of the plant look like? Looks like there is some issue so be prepared to have decreased yield since it is auto and you cant re-veg to fix issues.

Comment

Hi,

Grown in FoxFarm Ocean Forest organic soil mix and 5 gallon plastic pots.

pH is high in the water and in the soil in this area. I am in the countryside and on a well.

I have been using Advanced Nutrients.

Temp is 70 to 90 degrees F.

Humidity is at 46%.

Seeds were from Growers Choice. The plants had been next to a window up until about 10 days ago when my new light arrived. (Exlenvce 1200 LED using bloom mode).

Thanks.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        light is too hot i think it's too much light and temp too high

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        ph for soil is 6-7 so i dont know what "high" means. Cant see anything in that pic, light distorts colors and angle doesnt show leaves well. Light is 235 actual watts so i dont think it s the lights IMO. 90 F is a little hot as well. I still think you have a ph issue. Do you test and adjust? If not you need to start.

I agree, could be some PH issues going on, but it does have a few other looks too. The big spots look like they might have been a splash or drip from nutrient water and the very little ones look like possible mite marks.

Comment

I have not noticed bugs and have been spraying with a soapy water solution as a preventative.

​​​​These plants have been watered with the same well water all along, and only started having this problem after I moved them into the light. The meter says the pH is at seven or higher. I know that I have a high pH in my water, because I have tested it for the pool and that is constantly an issue. I just completed a ph down just now.

Both of the plants are doing the same thing but only after moving them in the light ten days ago. I have a light meter and have been adjusting for recommended light levels for blooming. It seems like to have 40,000 lux, the light needs to be about 12 inches away from the top of the plants.

Too much light too fast?

I really appreciate your help!!! πŸ‘

Comment

• ChadWestport
          ChadWestport commented
          Editing a comment
          It takes awhile before issues in the root zone, like Ph, show themselves in the leaves. 6.8 is the highest recommended for most plants. You definitely could be right about the lighting. If plants go from low intensity to a high intensity overnight, that can cause stress. Are you measuring the temp at canopy level? What is the temp at the canopy level?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X