Managing temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managing temperature

Hey everyone. With some help from this forum, I got my first grow set up! I'm now running into a problem managing temperature, both of the air and the temperature in each reservoir. You can see from the closer up photo that the aquarium probe is reading 81F. You can also see that I left the lights too low at first (was waiting for the two in the back to pop up) and my seedlings got all spindly! Anyway, the air temperature at the time of taking this photo was 77-78F, but it gets slightly above 80 when the light has been on a while (I'm doing 21hr on 3hr off). I have an AC Infinity Cloudline fan with AC Infinity's carbon filter as well along with an Electric Sky 300 V2 light. I tried cranking the fan 24/7 but that caused the humidity to dip below 40% over time.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the darker colored totes I'm using absorbing light, but I'm at a loss as to what to do. Thanks in advance!

Howdy mtgshmoopy, In my DWC setup (a bubble phonics style with six 3 3/4 inch net pots) I have been using ice bottles in one net pot (with the bottom cut out) to keep the water temperature between 62° F and 70° F. depending on the amount of foliage, they will keep the temperature down for several hours. I also wrap the reservoir bottoms with bubble wrap (the large bubbles seems to work best) and cover the reservoir tops with reflective silver duct tape. The sir temperature between 80° F and 85° F is maintained by a small (6 inch) exhaust fan. I do let the temperature get up around 90° F to 95° F during mid bloom in order to stress the plants into producing some 'nanners' and produce 'feminized' seeds for future grows.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• mtgshmoopy
      mtgshmoopy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll definitely be trying out the ice bottles and duct tape! Thank you!

Your temp. is fine. Just don't let it get over 85F. I don't know if you do, but I don't close my tent during vegging. I only close my tent during the 12 hour dark period while flowering. That will keep the temp down somewhat. Good luck and welcome to the Zoo.

Comment

• mtgshmoopy
      mtgshmoopy commented
      Editing a comment
      Right on. I'm glad to hear it's much less of a problem than I think. I plan on keeping the tent closed for smell purposes, but I'll definitely keep that in mind for the future when smell is less of an issue!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X