First grow - looking good so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow - looking good so far

It's about 6 weeks since germination and the girls are looking healthy.
    I had a bit of drama with overwatering which seems a common mistake with posters here. I realised I was overwatering at the same time that I transplanted them into the bigger pots but the potting compost was also very wet. One plant didn't survive but the others have started shooting up now.
    Are the bigger plants ready for topping yet?

You can top when they have 6 nodes IF they are growing vigorously.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Seems like they were stunted pretty bad if that is 6 weeks from germ. Like SoOrbudgal said when they have their 5-6 node is when i tend to top as they can handle the stress more. I think since those plants were stunted and are just starting to come out of it the roots are still trying to fill the pot. I would wait until the plant is a little healthier IMO.

Comment

Nice, they have seemed to bounce back great. Color on the leaves is good and as the root system grows, you'll start to see more up top. You can wait a bit to top it, but if you like FIMing, may be a good time to do it. I usually FIM on the third node or if I'm doing a topping on a plant, I'll go seventh node usually. All of the answers here are good ones, you can really do it anytime but when you do it will determine the shape and growth of your plant.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. After the re-potting there was very little growth for about 2 weeks but in the last 5-7 days they have started to really shoot up.
          I don't know if you can see in this pic but the taller one has very little secondary leaf growth in the junctions but the other two have definite leaves forming at the nodes. Does that indicate anything? Perhaps a suggestion of gender. I seem to remember from many years ago, possibly incorrectly, that young plants that gained height quickly were more likely to be male.

Comment

How long did you wait before watering again after over watering out of interest? I’m pretty sure I’ve overwatered mine and don’t want to risk doing it again haha. Thanks

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              If i may say. Watering 16oz from the leaf tip out towards edge of pot by 4wks. And do write it down when beginning these grows when your new to it. It worked for me when i had a job and began growing indoors almost 4yrs ago. I wrote all of it down on calendar. When those look dry LIFT the pot is it dry does it feel heavy like the soil is wet.? As you do these grows you will soon learn by watching the plant. I'm not sure if these are autos that you are growing?

SoOrbudgal
            Thanks, really appreciate any advice. Mine are purple queen auto’s in 2 gallon pots, which I think I over watered about 9 days ago as they seem to have completely stopped growing (they’re at 24 days since sprouting now). I haven’t watered since and the top inch is pretty much dry, just not sure how much longer I should hold off watering and how much to water when I do again (also if I should introduce nutes yet). Soil with 30% perlite, water ph’d to 6.5 (when I finally water again lol)
            Attached Files

Comment

• MagicMike66
              MagicMike66 commented
              Editing a comment
              Your plant is dying cos you’re not feeding it.

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Well when mine are looking healthy enough i will dose them with FF grow big at 3wks. And generally i can only do it maybe 2x cause when their growing rapidly then it's like 5wks they flower if not sooner. So my newbie weed buddy do not over love these plants. Now these may grow some with alittle help like a 1/2dose of grow fert with water and let them be ignore them put them under the light ignore them for several days and get some seeds started again. You can do it, it's just takes less love with the watering at first.

• Venkman
              Venkman commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks all, really appreciate the help and advice. A lot of lessons learnt from my first attempt, definitely smaller starter pots and may try coco next time. Thanks 😊

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X