Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You think I’m on the right track to a pound out of this 4x4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR You think I’m on the right track to a pound out of this 4x4?

Hoping for a pound or better what do you more experienced growers think? Do you think I will reach my goal? They are about 45 days into flower with 2 viparspectra 300w leds and a vivosun 600w hps. Any tips on keeping humidity down? I’ve been good about keeping it down but the last week it’s been getting pretty high I wanna fix it ASAP any help would be great

Hey.
    Having seen the last photo, they look really nice. But the power of the lights, I don't think it will give that much, probably 50-70g per plant.

Regarding humidity, I use a dehumidifier, works well.

Hope this helped in some way.

Comment

• Blowinnheavy420
      Blowinnheavy420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Even with a 600w hps? I have 2 300w leds too, and well I have 8 plants so I guess it would be close to a pound or a lil more if i did get 50-70g per plant

I think the light amount is enough if i am reading correctly. You have 2 300w leds (130 actual wattage) and a 600w hps which is a total of 860 watts in a 4x4 which is 16 sq ft. You want about 35-60 watt/sq.ft. You have 53.75 watt/sq.ft so lighting its ok. As far as training goes, I feel as they are not trained for optimum bud development but it is not bad training at all. Main reason for this comment is the distance between buds is actually kinda far on some plants so you are wasting some real estate. I am not sure about a pound cause i dont know the density of the buds just from looking but i can see you getting close if the buds fatten and dense up . Your setup should be able to do almost a couple pounds probably when done by an experienced grower. I try to aim for at least a gram per watt and didnt start doing that until a few years into my grow. Good looking buds tho so you should be proud of this grow regardless and remember that it will take experience and experimentation to find your preferred method.

As far as humidity is concerned, i found that dehumidifiers acutally dont help but a few degrees unless you have a large one that takes care or the humidity for the entire room the tent is in. You can speed up extraction fan for higher air exchange which might help a little and get dehumidifier for the room the tent is in. Also increasing air movement with fans can help but dont blow fans directly onto plants as that can sometimes cause plant to drink more.

Comment

• Blowinnheavy420
      Editing a comment
      How would I go about getting better bud growth? I try and follow the tipping methods on growweedeasy.com on training to get about 8 main colas but it seems like I can never get them to Turn out and train them how I would like but thanks this is my second grow and just want to know how I can improve my yeilds. I smoke heavily to stay medicated and would prefer to smoke my own

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      This is much better than i did for my second grow so you are already ahead of me in that regards. Keeping your canopy even, getting rid of budsites that are not going to get enough light and making sure plants dont stretch too much from budsite to budsite will help increase yields. It takes practice to get the techniques down so dont beat yourself up. I was just trying to give an honest and helpful answer and think you are doing great for the experience you have. It just takes practice man, no easy way to tell you how to do it. Im in the same boat, I smoke heavily and prefer my own as well. It took me many plants and many bad harvests to get the hang of it and i still fuck up from time to time. Also making sure the environment (temps, humidity ect) is optimal will prevent stunted bud growth. My approach is this. Veg is for growing roots and creating the framework for an even canopy. Flower is for creating buds, so the less stress the plant gets the better the harvest will be. I feel as if you let your lights might be a tad too high early flower and that is causing them to stretch a little. This spreads out the buds so that you have spaces on the stem where bud does not grow and makes getting light to penetrate to the lower budsites difficult. Just my two cents and my method. You may find something that works better for you but this is how i grew almost a pound in a 3x3 with a 315 lec.

• Blowinnheavy420
      Editing a comment
      I harvested about 496 grams from this grow I surpassed the goal I was originally trying to reach which was a pound. I’m really wanting to start a perpetual grow and harvest about 2 pounds or more every month or every
      other month. But I need to get a little better at training, this was my second grow and I ran into a lot of problems with heat and humidity it was the first time I used a hps light so I’m sure that’s what it was. But I wanna get better at training the plants to have a more flat canopy and use a trellis net to get more tops and better use of my space to try and reach this new goal I set for myself of 2 pounds I think it’s do able tho honestly

My apologises, didn't realise you had 8, thought you had 4.
    Yeah I usually use 1200w demilux but I have a few 600w migro lights, they give a decent amount but obviously the 1200w give way more.

There was one time I ordered a 300w led light from aliexpress just to try for fun. I grew 2 plants, without any reflextors on the wall or anything, all was as basic as it can get. Only fresh air was from an open window, I harvested 40g each to my surprise. They were small in size too.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X