Somethings cutting my plants down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somethings cutting my plants down

Hey yall i hope that some1 can tell me what's been chopping my girls down.it is only happening on newly flowering plants they don't seem to be doing it to the older more mature ones but they're cutting down the whole stalk clean cut and just dropping it to the bottom of my plant i'm not noticing any caterpillars any leaves being chewed just a clean cut

This sounds a little bit crazy.. sorry.
    do you have any pictures ?? - chopping your plants down sounds extreme
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Bigchix72
      Bigchix72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey thx for your quick response i'll see if I can find pictures the ones I took were kind of hazy so I don't know if I deleted them or not

• Bigchix72
      Bigchix72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I uploaded a pic it's not the clearish but it'll show you the stalks laying on the ground

• Bigchix72
      Bigchix72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Pic is up

I once had a rabbit cut down a plant, right above the ground. Grasshoppers and stink bugs will chew off limbs, cut worms will tunnel inside a limb and cut it off in a near perfect circle,

Comment

• Bigchix72
      Bigchix72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx for ure quick response that I can surely say that it is not rabbits seems they've got to get through two cages and deer netting to get to him it is a possibility that it is a grasshopper cuz I have seen one grasshopper in there since i put the cage up I was thinking it might have been deer but after putting up two separate cages around the plants and deer netting we've eliminated that but like I said there has been a grasshopper seen inside there of course no longer living LOL

probably grasshoppers locuts do the same just more extreme they going for newest juice growth mate

Comment

Comment

It comment #5 enlarge it n u can see the stalks laying on the dirt n the branches cut

Comment

I'm waiting to see if anyone can see it i see your comment 5 the photo not showing up
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Bigchix72
        Bigchix72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Here ya go

Here ya go
      Attached Files

Comment

You got deer? Because that looks like a pruning job done by a deer.

Comment

Is he looking in the background you can see the wire I have it going around it twice with about 2 ft in between each one stands about 4 ft tall and then I have wire running across the top and then deer netting
          Attached Files

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
            AccidentalGardener commented
            Editing a comment
            I have that same wildlife net on my tomatoes. The fawns get up under it! They can easily get their noses in the 4x4 fencing. I don't care what you are doing to repel them - that looks like deer.

• AccidentalGardener
            Editing a comment
            I just watched 3 walk thru the yard. They probably ate the tomatoes on the way, lol.

I have to agree, that looks like you have Bambi! Try pissing around the area, not on your plants.
          And when hunting season comes up, you know what to do then.

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
            Editing a comment
            Ya don't have to kill 'em. Ya gotta outsmart 'em. Everybody's gotta eat.
            Another ring of the 4x4 mesh - should keep them out. They are just getting their noses in there. Put another foot between your plants and your fence and you should be fine.

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL Pissing around the area wont kill them, and I too like to eat, BBQ Bambi is top notch. I also wouldn't kill it just to kill it, if you shoot it eat it! And put the scrapes in the garden.

• AccidentalGardener
            Editing a comment
            Lol @ Rwise Pissing around the area won't kill the deer. Might make you feel better, though, lol. As long as we're not dropping deer because they are doing deer-things. If you are growing weed someplace that deer normally do deer-things and you are the intruder, it would be kinder to address the fence issue.
            Last edited by AccidentalGardener; 09-15-2020, 10:23 AM. Reason: spelling, of course!

Do you have rabbits in the area?

One of my favorite WTF moments in prohibition misinformation was when the Sheriff and DEA in Utah argued against Medical Marijuana because it would lead to stoned zombie rabbits. For real, said this at a press conference. The story was they were clearing an illegal grow when they noticed the bunnies looking at them. The bunnies weren't scared and under the spell of marijuana which we were taking away.

I shit you not - https://kutv.com/news/local/stoned-r...uana-headlines

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            How funny but does not surprise me LOL.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X