Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water after overwater

Me again sorry 😊
    I suspect I overwatered about 6 days ago as my leaves drooped and I had run off, which I believe I shouldn’t have with such a small plant in a large pot (will definitely start in a smaller pot next time and transplant)
    So I haven’t watered since as the soil just below the surface is still damp. The only problem is, the two first leaves have got progressively more and more yellow, with slight browning in the middle and it seems to have stopped growing.
    Should I continue to hold off the water a bit longer, or give them a light spray water? Should I add nutes you think, as I haven’t yet as I read you don’t need to this early with soil, but I may be completely wrong as it’s my first grow 😊
    First pic is the plant 6 days ago (16 days after sprouting) when I overwatered and it drooped.
    Other pics are today. The top leaves are green but still drooped 😞
    Appreciate any help, you guys have been a great help, hope I can bring it back

further info:
    2 gallon pot
    regular compost with 30% perlite
    sf1000 light at 30” set at 70% power
    purple queen auto seed
    water ph’d to 6.5
    no nutes so far

The bottom leaf in the pic has now started to curl up and go dry 😬
    many advice would be greatly appreciated please, don’t want to lose her
    Im terrified of over watering but don’t know if she needs water or nutes

Comment

Is soil moist at 1” depth? If so, no watering. Otherwise I’d give it a light watering. What nutes are you using? Should be time for a light feeding but not sure how hot your soil is based on the description. Homemade compost?
      4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

Comment

• sgiacomo
        sgiacomo commented
        Editing a comment
        I’d wait to feed/water until soil is dry knuckle deep within a few inches of the seedling. Since you’re in a relatively large pot for a seedling probably need to water as Rwise mentions below. New growth is healthy looking I don’t think you’re at risk of losing her.

• Venkman
        Venkman commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much 😁

• sgiacomo
        sgiacomo commented
        Editing a comment
        Venkman not a problem good luck on your grow!

The bottom leaves are expected to die off at some point, watch the new growth. When you water do so in a circle around the plant so the roots have to reach for it. I would also add pelleted sulfur and pelleted dolomite lime to buffer the soil PH. The plant will use these, moving around mobile elements, and make the PH what she wants.

Comment

• Venkman
        Venkman commented
        Editing a comment
        Was also going to get some worm casting as well as I’ve read very good things about them. You think they will help? Thanks

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I would wait to add much of anything, let her recover. The edges of the leaf turned up is heat or light stress. New growth looks ok, move the light awayt if you want more stretch, make them grow to it.

• Venkman
        Venkman commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, really appreciate the advice

I wouldn't worry too much just let it dry out a little more before watering again. She hasn't grown much because of overwatering and has likely stunted a little bit because the roots cant spread out. If you can redirect your fan a little bit towards the pot so there is a light breeze over the plant, this should help dry it out a little quicker. She should bounce back as she dries up. Just make sure it's not blowing so hard that your seedlings are flopping like a fish outa water.
      when it does dry out a light feed at half strength will help snap her out of it.
      3'x3'x6'6" Sun Stream tent
      1000w Tolys dimmable Samsung Lm315 diodes meanwell driver
      1000w Tolys led (burple)
      Soil: sungrow's sunshine professional grow mix.
      Ferts: GroTek Monster Grow Pro, Monster Bloom and molasses
      No name towerfan 12" oscillating fan humidifier​

Comment

• Venkman
        Venkman commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks very much, will give that a go with the fan 🙂

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X