EC flora nova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EC flora nova

I'm using Flora Nova gow and bloom as well as CaliMagic. I'm reading that my EC should be around 1300-1400 µs/cm. My baseline using tapwater (300ec) an aquarium chlorine neutralizer/heavy metal dissolver and CaliMagic is around 1000-1200. Adding 1tspn/g of grow takes me up to over 4000. That is basically 1/2 strength or early veg concentration. What are you guys getting for EC measurements? I am not yet watering to runoff but it looks like I may have to in order to ensure my runoff is higher than my input. Thoughts? I know that watching the plants is the bottom line but I'm just trying to up my game and put a good "system" in place.

Bump in case anybody missed it.

Comment

I grow in DWC hydro and usually can't go over 1.6 EC (800 TDS) without getting nute burn using Aurora Soul nutes. Most EC measurements in EC pens are referenced to millisiemens/cm instead of microsiemens/cm. So your target is effectively 1.3 - 1.4 EC. Tap water at .3 EC would be 150 TDS which isn't bad at all. You probably don't need much or any CaliMagic. I have water that ranges from 180 - 220 TDS and has plenty of calcium from the limestone that the Missouri river runs through on its way to me. I also don't mess with the chlorine neutralizer or metal "dissolver". I think that stuff only creates a precipitate of those metals so they can't be taken up by the roots. You may want to have your water analysed if it is causing problems. I just use straight tap water mixed with nutes with few problems. Either way, an EC of 4.0 is way too much.
      Last edited by UndergroundFarmer; 09-13-2020, 06:21 PM.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X