When does cannabis smell like cannabis? - Curing, Terpens, and Chlorophyll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does cannabis smell like cannabis? - Curing, Terpens, and Chlorophyll

So, my harvested plant has been dried successfully and in jars since 8/27. I have no way to monitor moisture, but I do know the buds are still somewhat wet in the middle. Not a bad thing, the moisture is distributed evenly. I burp every day. The outsides of the buds are somewhat dry, but they don't stick together. I'm not going to buy any RH readers or moisture packs, so I'm kind of winging it. I do know if the buds do stick together (which has happened a week ago) I pull them out and let them dry for about an hour. So all in all I believe I'm curing correctly.

Anyways, the "hay", "grass" smell has lessened, but it's still there. When will my pot begin to smell like.... Pot? I've smelt it when it's fully dry, and even with a flash dry n cure it smells great. I've stopped grabbing any jarred up buds so I'm just wondering how long it will take until I get that smell I had before the chop?
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Usually if you jar it too quickly, before its really had a chance to work moisture out, you're going to wind up with that hay smell. Looking at your sig, if you harvested on 8/22 and went into jar 8/27, that is definitely the problem right there.

Most likely they were still too wet when you put them in, if not and they were almost bone dry. in those 5 days, that too would be a problem that locks in the hay smell. Ideally you want to hang dry anywhere from 10-14 days, some people go longer. Keep your RH around 55% and you should get a good long hang dry without the worry of mold that you could get at 65% RH or above when hang drying.

Comment

Yes it's just a tad green maybe alittle bit more moisture. I get to feeling the branches hanging seems like they bend but don't snap apart. That's a sign for alittle to damp still, i would place them overnight in brown paper bag rolled down closed leave air space. I have to do that when i get to much in a hurry LOL
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• golfnrl
        golfnrl commented
        Editing a comment
        @SoObudgal...I tried to PM ya but the system wouldn't allow it. Maybe if you tried to PM me? I have something to run by you. If you are so inclined.

Sorry Gjourney101 didn't mean to jump in there...
        Last edited by golfnrl; 09-12-2020, 10:14 AM. Reason: Added apology to Gjourney101

I see! I will remove from jars and let dry for a good while. I let aome dry put over night and boy does it smell a he'll pf a lot better than the jars!
      Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
      300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
      FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X