Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ScrOGgers opinion

Good morning everyone
    Second grow and first ScrOG attempt as I have height issues in my space. I currently have 2 screens that are 7x almost 5 feet each with 8 plants under. My plan was to veg for 8 weeks in another room, then move them in.
    ahhhh plans....
    Took longer to disinfect/bug proof/ and test this new room than intended and the Veg ran for just over 9 weeks. ( by testing I mean that I put one plant in the space for a week with the systems running to see if it would show any signs of WPM or spider mite infestation, both of which I was plagued with on my first unintended indoor grow) I attempted to slow down growth during this period by dimming my lights and using just the veg cycle on the LED’s. It helped, but here we are 1 week after flipping to 12/12.
    I’m feeling at this point like I should be removing 1 plant from each row of 4 to free up some space for the remaining stretch.
    I could still do it at this point without causing too much damage.
    Like all things growing related tho, this is changing quick😂

Second option is - I could just tie them into my 2 foot wide working space in between the screens, cross my fingers that they never need to be sprayed....
    I think option 2 is pretty risky, and I’m not much of a gambler

I appreciate your opinions!

Attached Files

My opinion, ditch the ScrOG and grow them by keeping the colas LST’d down as low as possible so you can keep all your plants in that space. For that many plants under that screen you should’ve flipped them to flower after a short 2wk veg. As old/big as your plants are you could easily fill that screen with 3-4 plants after switching to 12/12

Just to add perspective, when I grow in a 2x4 tent I’ll grow 2 plants in 3 gallon pots under 18”x18” screens. 3wks veg then flip to 12/12 and they completely fill the screen by the time the stretch is over
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 09-10-2020, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Ah shit. Thanks for the comment! I have them tied to holes in the rim of their buckets, but ran out of space and started tying them to their neighbours, to thumbtacks in the walls etc.... until I shoved them down with the screen

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Been there lol when I read a lot of the articles covering a ScrOG (even some on this site) they’ll generally say to use 1 plant per 1ft square and I have no idea what they’re talking about bc my ScrOGs cover much more space per plant as you’ve found out. Best way to learn is to do it! Plant looking healthy though, all that matters

You could thin out a dozen or two branches to make room in the net were need for additional stretch.

A good rule of thumb is one plant for ever square meter (3ft×3ft) in a ScrOG this is how breeders achieve their numbers under ideal conditions rating there grams per plant.

7×5 squared= 4 plant's
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

It’s funny eh? We must have read the same articles 😂😂😂 I thought my 2x2 per plant would be tight, and I would probably overflow into the center, but this just isn’t working.
        Maybe my veg room needs to go to bud, and I run autos in my next round to make up time... hmmmmm
        you got my head spinning 😂😂

Comment

I highly respect your guys opinions👍 4 have to move back upstairs

Comment

4 from each, ah crap ( but a good ah crap,I’m not complaining )
            well... who needs a bedroom anyway??

Comment

either risk option 2 or if u can put some were else under lights just keep them going u come this far nice plants though mate

Comment

Update- 27 days from flip to 12/12. Little baby buddys everywhere😁
                Ended up moving one plant from each row into the aisle between the screens. Untied them from their buckets to let them stretch toward whatever light they can get.
                The stretch abruptly stopped at just over 2 weeks, and I still have a little extra space in the screens for airflow so that’s good. Just waiting now......
                Attached Files

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Going to be a room full of buds! Looking good.

• lalaland
                  lalaland commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks @ Mr.furley!

I dig your set-up. Plenty of room to move around the plants and your hanging scrog screen is perfect for the job, nice. Looks like you are going to have a lovely harvest in another month or so.

Comment

• lalaland
                  lalaland commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks ChadWestport! I’m so fortunate to have the extra space to leave myself aisles to work in. I didn’t want to be tripping over the legs for the SCrog screen, so my husband came up with the idea to hang it which I thought was ingenious, but not without its’ issues as well if you’re a clumsy person😂 Caught my pant leg on the corner about 2 weeks ago, and ripped off the tips of 4 branches with the jerk I gave it!
                  Now it’s secured to the buckets on the edge to prevent me from causing too much more carnage.

I love the look of a well trained plant. A good manifold or a big flat table top bush look so cool but they can’t touch nothing but a sea of buds growing up through a screen. Looks great!

Comment

bboyfromwayback Thanks so much!
                  i really wanted to take your advice and remove the screens, however my husband would have killed me, as he has just built and installed them the week previous. Now that I have an idea how this is going to work(as does he😂) I may very well remove one in the future and run autos instead in that half to increase the plant count, and see what the difference is in yield. 14 would fit in the footprint, based on container size. Do you think I would be able to contain 14 autos in that 7x 5 space? They would have my walking space to overhang into by about 6 inches in all directions if need be.
                  im testing out my first 4 autos(AK47) in my veg space right now (along with the next 12 photos to move into the bud room)
                  14 is probably pushing it, isn’t it?

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                    bboyfromwayback commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I probably should have saud to thin what’s under the screen out, not remove it completely (im not the best at putting my ideas into words) A article I read once said you need to grow too much under a screen once and too little under one to get a good grasp of your grow area and I thought that was so true lol as far as autos go I’d ask someone else. I’m in the middle of my 3rd auto grow and these are looking good, the first two not so much. I almost put them under a screen but didn’t.

• FunkyButtLovin
                    FunkyButtLovin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I just did 15 autos in a 4x4, I don't think you'll have problems doing a similar number of plants in over twice the area. With the right pots and a way to water them all, you could run 40+ in that space if you wanted to.

FunkyButtLovin Thanks for the insite! I’m always amazed by how much some growers can fit in a relatively small space. My containers are seated on a run off trough to collect the extra water, so I could change my containers, but it would mean modifying my collection system as well. I will move forward with automatic watering in the next couple of grows and that will definitely make it more feasible. I know it seems like I have a lot of wasted space in comparison to other people’s setups. I have a fused spine which I’m always trying to work around, and avoid aggravating too badly, which is why I leave a lot of open space to do my work in. Allowing me to kneel down, and sit cross legged between the two screens.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X