Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas to cover large plant during the night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas to cover large plant during the night?

My out door plant is over 5ft tall now and a crazy width, I’m using a wheelie bin for her smaller sister who is nicely flowering in week 3. But big Bertha is still growing massive and without covering her I’m afraid she’s going to be in the frost before she shows signs of flowers?
    many ideas?

Horticultral fleece mate

Comment

Guess it depends where you live how much you have to worry about the frost, we've had 2 so far here in northern Ontario but I wasn't home to bring the girls in but they got through just fine. Maybe build a frame out of 2x2 lumber and have a tarp over it, or even clear plastic if you want to leave it on till harvest. But a light 2x2 frame would be easy to move around. I'm surprised it has not begun to flower. If she's a solid bush maybe just throw a fitted bed sheet over her at night. Just thinking. Maybe even something over the top as frost will collect on top of what's covering it, would be better to have something covering it but not touching it as she'll feel the frost through the cover if it's touching plant matter. Aside from this you're on your own
      Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
      sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
      4 plants currently under 500w
      2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
      GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
      Happy growing/consuming 🥴
      Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

• Realist03
        Realist03 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m in the uk so I have about 6 weeks before winter hits and dark nights, it’s very hard to grow in the uk our side but I think if I could cover her she may flower a little.

Either a frame of some kind of covering over it like plastic sheeting, of a huge box like from a refrigerator.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I’ll give the dark sheet a try see if she starts to flower at all. First pic is the smaller plant who’s vegan to flower, 2nd is stubborn Bertha.

Comment

Light deprivation is your best bet, I use a big black BBQ cover, works really well.
          Find the sunrise time for your area then minus 1hr, then minus 12 hrs, that time is when you cover your plants every day, then a couple hours after sunset I uncover.
          Then you will do this till harvest.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X