trim for bubble/dry ice hash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trim for bubble/dry ice hash

Thanks in advance for responses first question is i kept all the leaves in the defoliation process the whole grow and froze them along the way can i use for either hash? Second ? i also kept all trimmings from buds and shake from curing process and i know thats the best thing to do but wasnt sure about leaves and if it was worth with them. Last question is its my first time on any process i have already bought 90 cheesecloth and a 8 bag set from bubblebagdude for 5 gallon bucket and i have 5 gallon buckets and a mixer for same with drill and i can get dry ice so can anyone give me some advise for my first time since i have everything needed. Once again thanks.

Bubble hash is made by putting weed (or trim) in ice-cold water and agitating it. This causes trichomes to break off the cannabis so you can collect them.

Anytime I need to know something related to marijuana I goto the GWE main site and type whatever I want to research in the search bar at the top. That’s one of many articles when you type in ‘hash’

Comment

Nebula has a really good article in GWE telling exactly how to make each and comparing the two.

Comment

Originally posted by almostretired View Post
        Thanks in advance for responses first question is i kept all the leaves in the defoliation process the whole grow and froze them along the way can i use for either hash? Second ? i also kept all trimmings from buds and shake from curing process and i know thats the best thing to do but wasnt sure about leaves and if it was worth with them. Last question is its my first time on any process i have already bought 90 cheesecloth and a 8 bag set from bubblebagdude for 5 gallon bucket and i have 5 gallon buckets and a mixer for same with drill and i can get dry ice so can anyone give me some advise for my first time since i have everything needed. Once again thanks.
        Here's a tip: go to a paint store and pick up one of the large paint mixer rods to use with your drill motor. Those things really do the job well. If your drill has a forward/reverse control, switch back & forth as you stir periodically to sling off the stuff that gets wrapped around the mixer. If you use that method you should do the mixing in a separate bucket without a bag because the bag can easily be damaged if the mixer bumps into it. Mix in one bucket without a bag, then pour it through all your bags.

Finally, they sell insulated "bait buckets" at walmart that have a one inch styrofoam liner. That is perfect for mixing and keeps the entire "soup" icy cold throughout the process. These things come with a little battery bubbler pump that is intended to keep your minnows alive.

Cheers,

-Grouchy
        My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
        I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
        Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Leaves without trichomes shouldn't be used in the hash making process but there are other things you can do with them like juicing or eating them (raw, cooked, blended in a smoothie, etc.) or compost them.

Comment

thanks for the responses and yes website is awesome got over two pounds with 12 plants on my first grow only using info from there for my very first grow turned out awesome. but in vids it shows her with a bag i think in butter one that shows her with a bag of trim dried and i noticed leaves in it and since its my first grow i didnt realize there was no tricomes on all leaves guess im a dumb dumb lol so i kept and froze them now i know i can reclaim my freezer space and throw just leaves away. Will only keep the leaves from buds and what breaks off of buds while curing. Once again it never states what trim is anywhere in tutorials and i wanted to be sure what trim was thanks, and if u dont know i did trim all of it off of plant so i assumed and you know what that stands for right.

Comment

Originally posted by almostretired View Post
              thanks for the responses and yes website is awesome got over two pounds with 12 plants on my first grow only using info from there for my very first grow turned out awesome. but in vids it shows her with a bag i think in butter one that shows her with a bag of trim dried and i noticed leaves in it and since its my first grow i didnt realize there was no tricomes on all leaves guess im a dumb dumb lol so i kept and froze them now i know i can reclaim my freezer space and throw just leaves away. Will only keep the leaves from buds and what breaks off of buds while curing. Once again it never states what trim is anywhere in tutorials and i wanted to be sure what trim was thanks, and if u dont know i did trim all of it off of plant so i assumed and you know what that stands for right.
              ...but don't forget to add the Larfy little buds down the stem that aren't worth smoking but have plenty of Trics for hashing. Even a sandwich size ziploc of those is worth the trouble. Larf plus sugar leaves from the buds, that's da kine.
              My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
              I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
              Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X