Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When should I start the flowering light cycle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When should I start the flowering light cycle?

First time grower here. My plants are about seven - eight weeks old. About a foot in height, mostly wide and they have about a dozen branches with a decent amount of tops. I'm currently on week four of the general hydroponics fertilizer cycle. My question is when should I start the 12/12 light cycle to start flowering? Should I start now? They currently get 24 hours of light.

Totally you’re choice when to flip the switch buddy.
    With no pictures of the grow room and how much space there is. Then an opinion from another doesn’t really work.
    Some will stretch, some nearly nothing depending on genetics.
    if you feel confident about it. Then just flip it
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWiese91 View Post
      Totally you’re choice when to flip the switch buddy.
      With no pictures of the grow room and how much space there is. Then an opinion from another doesn’t really work.
      Some will stretch, some nearly nothing depending on genetics.
      if you feel confident about it. Then just flip it
      I have gelato OG autoflower seeds. Also just curious but why would the grow setup matter? Here is a picture anyway.

Don't I have to flip the lights once they start budding? What's the point of dosing the "bloom/flower" fertilizer stage if the lights aren't 12/12?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sharp like a katana today xena!
        I re-read the post again. And already there i should have noticed the 8 weeks veg time 🤦🏼

But what your picture says is. I would let it grow a lot more before flipping to 12/12 . You have enough space

• coolguy122333
        coolguy122333 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree and I will continue to let it grow out more. That said, should I continue dosing week 3 ferts and continue vegging? I just dosed week 4 ferts today. Also I'm growing in a closet I really don't have that much space lmao.

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        You should give it veg nutes. When it’s currently in veg of course

Okay You have autos ?
      Then you don’t flip to 12/12 but keep the light on 24/7. they don’t care about light schedule.

this is what I mean by if you give just a little more info about your grow space and setup. I would have known before I answered. That you are dealing with autos and not photo strains...🤦🏼

because you are giving the plant nutrients for bloom, when it’s in bloom. And not feeding the lights. So 12/12 or 20/4 or 18/6. If the plant is in bloom, you give bloom nutrients of course.
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWiese91 View Post
        Okay You have autos ?
        Then you don’t flip to 12/12 but keep the light on 24/7. they don’t care about light schedule.

this is what I mean by if you give just a little more info about your grow space and setup. I would have known before I answered. That you are dealing with autos and not photo strains...🤦🏼

because you are giving the plant nutrients for bloom, when it’s in bloom. And not feeding the lights. So 12/12 or 20/4 or 18/6. If the plant is in bloom, you give bloom nutrients of course.
        This is the current nutrient schedule I follow:

I'm going to continue feeding the "week 3" nutrients for another week or so to get more veg growth. And for when I do start feeding bloom, when should I start doing 12/12 light cycle? Which week would make the most sense? Thanks
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Drain-to-Waste-Nutrient-Schedule-custom.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	445689

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Omg!
          When you are ready to flip the switch to 12/12 then do it.
          It’s totally your choice and you know what the space is in the grow room - so you know how big they can get...
          Last edited by CaptainWiese91; 09-08-2020, 02:43 AM.

• coolguy122333
          coolguy122333 commented
          Editing a comment
          And I should be prepared for the plants to double in size correct? I am going to start flowering in a week or so. Also when I do switch the lights to 12/12 should I start dosing week 4 nutrients? Or should I immediately start with like mid bloom or something.

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Depends on genetics. So maybe - or maybe not. Some stretch and some don’t even a inch.

About al your feedings. I have grown in 8 years now and never used a shedule. Plus I never used any other nutrients than CANNA. So I can’t tell you what to do with that schedule and when to do it. Because I never used this line before.
          As soon as you see white pistils, then you are in flower. Then you are usin bloom nutrients.

If the plant isn’t showing any deficiencies, then don’t feed it too much. It won’t grow faster just because it got more nutrients. It’s the light that makes the plant grow fast.

My opinion is drop the shitty schedule and start reading your plant, so you know what it is telling you

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X