Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust fan 24/7?

Hi all, me again sorry.
    As a first time grower I apologise for the amount of questions I have, and no doubt will, ask 😊
    I’ve just purchased a 2x2x5.5ft tent, in which I’m running a Spider Farmer SF1000 and a 4” carbon filter with 4” inline exhaust fan.
    I’m planning on sticking to passive intake, using the tents vents (unless you guys think that’s a bad idea lol)
    Should I have the exhaust fan running 24/7? Or only when the lights are on (18/6 schedule)? Or something else altogether?
    As always, really appreciate everyone in this forum, you’ve been a massive help and reassurance during my first grow, and I will be sure to pass on anything I learn to anyone else who needs help 😁

I can’t say on the exhaust fan since I don’t have one. Until you go to 12/12, is smell an issue? I leave my tent open 24/7 with a 16” fan blowing in and have no problem.....yet anyway.

Comment

That’s a fair point about leaving it open till flowering, I’d just rather keep it closed for “privacy”, and to stop the light spilling out across the room (don’t wanna waste those precious photons 😁). Plus it’s in a room I’m in a lot of the time so a glaring light might be distracting whilst watching Netflix lol

Comment

Yes exhaust 24/7 or humidity will cause mold everywhere. Or leave tent open like suggested with a fan. I personally keep it closed for that reflective wall and keep bugs out.
        640 watt hlg quantum board
        320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
        300 watt mars hydro sp3000
        150 watt hlg quantum board
        100 watt spider farmer led x2
        organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
        Water only i don't check ph
        6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

I have a six inch low speed exhaust fan that I run 24/7. My setup takes in air at the bottom and exhausts it at the top. Smell is not an issue for me so I am only using the fan as an air ex-changer. In winter, if it is colder than I would like, I will turn off the fan and just use convection to move the air.
          Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
          5 gallon cloth pots
          30"x30"x60" tent
          Spider Farmer SE3000
          Coco Pearlite mix
          GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X