Carbon filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon filters

I see mixed reviews on the vivosun. I have ac infinity fans so in know they are high quality so I know suction wont be an issue. But other than these what is the very best carbon filter I can get?

I'v used vivosun with my first grow, now i just use it in my drying room(4 and 6" combos) Up graded to a Fusion Breath 6" system with their biggest filter last year and have been very happy with it. It is very large though. Heres the most important part of buying a filter..make sure its big enough for you fan output. For example, if your fans maximum output is 400cfm..make sure you get a filter thats rated for 450-500cfm or higher. that way you cant overload your carbon filter. I notice with alot of these combo systems..they are rated for the exact same cfm..and if you have a stinky tent they just cant keep up.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Comment

All they have left is the 6x16 400mm 304 cm. This will be for my 2x4 tent should it work or is the cloud line fan to much for it.

Comment

• USMCnoviceMedical
        USMCnoviceMedical commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes with monitor. I have one for each tent. 2x4 only one currently running.with a grow
        Last edited by USMCnoviceMedical; 09-03-2020, 11:08 PM.

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        That thing moves some air..402cfm. Ya just looked..out of stock.wth. I see AC INFINITY has a 6" filter for your fan rated for 410cfm. Not sure where your shopping, but i'v noticed alot of the cheaper brands dont even list the cfm ratings.

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        ha didnt answer your question sorry...yes i think your fan would overpower that filter

Thank you for letting me know that I'm just going to go with one of their carbon filters because of how much I love the fan on my test out that filter

Comment

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        Might be a bit more money than the cheaper ones but you'll be glad you didnt skimp here. Especially if odor is any kind of issue.

Thank you homegrown

Comment

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem @USMCnoviceMedical..just trying to help. This can be an expensive hobby, so im just saving somebody from doing what i did lol..i kinda think of vivosun as the BIC lighter of grow equipment. It works for a while...then its trash. The 4" and 6" inline fans are super loud right outa the box. I do use the 6" oscillating fans though. Have 4 running constantly.. had one go funky and wouldn't oscillate anymore but their not that expensive.

I’ve had no issues with vivosun or infinity filters. As previously mentioned, vivosun fans move some air but they’re loud. Ipower is another brand that makes solid fans and filters. The only brand I’ll advise anyone from trying is G-hydro, steer clear from their filters if smell is a issue. A few months ago I needed to replace my 6” filter and the only brand that wasn’t on backorder was g-hydro so I bought their filter and it didn’t last through one autoflower grow before the house smelled like fresh bud.

Comment

Do I know this is expensive I have several thousand dollars in it all ready mainly because my lights.

Thank you both. Yeah it's a must for me we have family and friends over a lot and with everything I have bought the damn filter is what I forgot.

Comment

I have my flower tent vented to the outside so that really helps but those damn autos were in my veg tent which left it’s mark on the entire house lol I hang them up to dry in the veg tent though and when I do I use 2 filters just to be safe. One inside the tent then one connected to the exhaust hose. If venting outside isn’t an option then you could go that route and be completely scent free until you open the tent. It cuts down the airflow though.

Comment

USMCnoviceMedical ...I use a Jetfan 6". I forgot the brand of carbon filter but its rated to handle the fan. The speed controller and duct filter keeps the noise down. I don't want to hear the fan outside the grow room.

"...it's a must for me we have family and friends over..." I know what ya mean about that. The fan and filter are handling the grow room but I haven't figured out how to hide the 7 1/2' tall 7' wide cannabis bush in my backyard. She's starting to smell. I hope the neighbors like it as much as I do...
            Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
            Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
            Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
              bboyfromwayback commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s my kinda landscaping!

Yeah where I am the DEA/definitely local law would be on you in no time for that.

Comment

• golfnrl
              golfnrl commented
              Editing a comment
              Totally understand about the LEO. I live in OK so growing is legal w/ limits, but outdoor plants are not supposed to be seen from the roadway. My big girl may not be in total compliance...just sayin'.

Yeah my wife and I are planning on moving at some point just for that reason

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X