Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phosphorus Burn?

HOwdy Y'all,

This is my first time figuring out how to post. I would like any insight on whether my plant is showing symptoms of phosphorus burn? Also, should I be using more light? I'm currently using a 1200 wt. light on the bloom setting. I'm tempted to hit the veg setting also so I can get more light. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Well I'm no expert but you'll need pics in better light for anyone to tell. As for veg setting yes use both for more light.
    3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
    Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
    Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
    Couple of fans for airflow
    First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
    Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
    Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

Comment

Pics in better light would help a lot. Maybe a little info about your setup also.
      as for the question about lights, switch them both on in flower. More light is better and a wider spectrum of course for the buds
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

All I can tell you is what I can see is a root issue, likely from a feeding. What they said!

Comment

Would transplanting to a bigger pot and a flush address the root issue?

I'm attaching more pics.

Current Set Up
          36 x 36 x 60 tent
          1200 watts LED Light (Veg/Bloom) - recently switched both light settings on
          Co2 bag
          3 Gallon Pot
          Soil - growing medium (Fox Farms & Miracle Grow)
          Fan blowing air into the tent - room temp 60's (AC regulated)
          Small "6 Fan inside tent

Nutrient Solution - previous watering
          3L - water filtered by reverse osmosis
          5ml - calmg+
          8ml botanical garden sweet citrus
          15ml tiger bloom
          1/2 tsp beatie bloomz
          ph up - range 6.0-6.5
          1/2 tsp great white myco
          Attached Files
          Last edited by BurnTTatorTots; 09-04-2020, 08:02 AM. Reason: ***added logistical info

Comment

At this point if you damage the roots transplanting it will hurt the finish. Give details on the soil, all feedings, etc..

Comment

Is it possible to avoid root damage during a transplant at this stage of the plant's life cycle?

Soil
              I used miracle-gro in a 1gal pot at the seedling stage. Then she was transplanted to a 3gal pot using Fox Farm's Happy Frog Soil. This was the last soil mix that was used.

Feedings (Bloom-Flower)
              Week 1: watered with 1.75L (no run off) ; Nutrient solution: 5ml Bio-thrive; 3.6ml Calmg+; 4ml Sweet; 2.5ml TB; adjust PH up;

Week 2: Watered: 2.5L (no run off) Solution: 5ml BG; 5ml calmg; 8ml sweet; 10ml TB; PH / Second watering: 3L water; 6mg calmg+; 8mg sweet; 15mg TB; 2.5mg bloomz; 3mg Ph up. Run off water filled the tray

Week 3: 3L water; 6mg calmg+; 8mg sweet; 15mg Tiger Bloom; 2.5mg bloomz; adjust Ph up. Run off water filled the tray (showed signs of the problem - spots were not prolific at the time)/ Second Watering: 3L water -
              5calmg, 8mg sweet;11.25mg TB, PH-up

Week 4: Flushed w 2.5L water : no run off / Second Watering: Water 3L, 6.25ml Calmg+; 8ml sweet; 15 ml TB; 3.6 Beastie Bloomz; PH; 1.25 GW
              • A few days after : Problem appeared

Comment

I'm interested in if that discoloration is only in the middle, top part of you plant right under your light?
                Space for Rent.

Comment

• BurnTTatorTots
                  BurnTTatorTots commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mr.furley ~ discoloration spread through out the plant. The worst of the damage was concentrated at the center of the plant. I'm assuming that's the region of the plant that was drawing the most nutrients/water, etc. Lighter spots appeared to have spread out to the outer edges.

Flushing, watering to the point of a good run off to wash salts built up from feeding out of the soil. No run off no flush.
                I dont use much of these type nutes, I also grow outside all organic. The spots are from the soil being off, flush it with PHd water till you get a good run off to wash out the built up salts.
                Is the PH up because the water is off PH or the soil? If its for the soil add pelleted dolomite lime.
                Watch the new growth, the spots are not repairable.

Edit; It is possible to re-pot with out damaging the roots, I use cloth pots and just roll them off and set the soil into a larger pot, cover, water, done. IF you damage the roots doing it I would recommend Voodoo Juice to help with regrowth. /Edit

Comment

• BurnTTatorTots
                  BurnTTatorTots commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Rwise ~ I appreciate the flush info. I transplanted her yesterday from a 3 gallon - a 7 gallon grow bag (Cloth pot). Then, I watered her with 2 gal. of water infused with 3.6ml Voodoo Juice.

The "PH Up" is to adjust the water's (nutrient solution) PH level.

Do you recommend that I prune the repairable spots? Or, let them fall off by on their own? The new growth appears to be healthy.

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I grow outside mostly, and dont take off anything needlessly. Damaged leaves still do there job, not as well as they did, but. Inside if they block light from bud sites, take em.

• BurnTTatorTots
                  BurnTTatorTots commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Got it! I've removed most of the damaged leaves. I take a few off at a time. I'm under the impression that reduces shock.

Wow thats spread right through how many plants i not sure what that is sorry mate the long termers will help they know there shit tersky furley to name a few mate

Comment

• BurnTTatorTots
                  BurnTTatorTots commented
                  Editing a comment
                  growell ~ it's 1 plant, partner. But, a tent-full of colas. =)

I'm going to take an educated guess and say I over did it on the Beastie Bloomz. I would say that a heavy flush will nurse the plant back to health within a week's time. But, @ this point anybody else's guess is as good as mine. =p

In the end, I ended up transplanting her and flushing her twice before the new growth showed signs normalcy.

~ BTT

Nice big plant then mate so new growth looks good then sweet hopefuly u got it nailed bring on the colas

Comment

• BurnTTatorTots
                  BurnTTatorTots commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, indeed!!! Bring on the COLAS!

~ Thanks for the good vibes.
                  ✌️
                  BTT

The closest pictures I can find to your plant's symptom are of potassium deficiency. That would make sense because they use lots of potassium in the flowering stage.
                Coconut Grove
                4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
                4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
                32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
                Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
                  UndergroundFarmer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cindy 99 is likely somewhere out on the north Atlantic right now along with Mother's Finest. Assuming all my seeds arrive by the time I have a tent free, I'll have to make up my mind what to grow in about two months or so. Seedsman orders are taking just under a month to ship to the states right now.

• BurnTTatorTots
                  BurnTTatorTots commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are they taking that long because of the postal service or that's just how it is? I haven't ordered from Seedsman, but I got some from a Bay Area distributor the other day. I hope they arrive soon.

How long do you keep your plants in the bloom stage?

• UndergroundFarmer
                  UndergroundFarmer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think the long delays are caused by the lack of air traffic going into the USA from Europe. Other shipments are taking priority on aircraft cargo space, so I'm betting the seeds are getting here on freighters that take about two weeks to make the ocean crossing.

I keep my plants in bloom until I'm convinced that they won't get better with more time - usually 9-10 weeks with the hybrids I've been growing.

Also, I checked out a west coast distributor, Pacific Seed Bank, a few days ago. They have quite a few varieties Seedsman doesn't have (like Berry White) but I've never heard of any of their breeders and most offerings are copies of other breeders' (like Rare Dankness) work and they only offer feminized seed (which isn't where I am right now).

*****Update*******
                Two days after her transplant into a 7 gal. grow bag, she was relocated to more suitable housing. Made trellis net adjustments and added plant yo-yo's. There a small oscillating fan at the bottom of her tent. The foliage sprouting from the colas appears to be bright green and unharmed by its previous condition. I don't notice a strong pungent odor from the colas yet, unless I move them around or they're ruffled around. I intend on watering her w/ solely "Ph'd-H20," then I'll probably switch back to the "Tiger Bloom" and a sparingly amount of Beastie Bloomz. Any insight on whether I should give her some voodoo juice? . . . Till then Good PpL, stay classy and keep it groovy. ~ BTT
                Attached Files

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                  CaptainWiese91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Voodoo juice never hurts.. especially not under or after a transplant

• BurnTTatorTots
                  BurnTTatorTots commented
                  Editing a comment
                  CaptainWiese91 ~ Excellent, I'll include some voodoo juice in tomorrow's watering.

TY.

nice one if new growth is good mate that pic looking down on plant it looks like it just in that square bit and as u go out from there the plant looks a lot better and greener just a thought mate dont know if it is anything good recovery though

Comment

• BurnTTatorTots
                  BurnTTatorTots commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Let's hope everything turns out fine. 🙏

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X