Dark Green Leaves! Good or Nitrogen Toxicity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Green Leaves! Good or Nitrogen Toxicity

I love this color but reading suggests it may be due to excess nitrogen.. Any Comments or suggestions recommended. Ps. Growing Cream from Growers Choice Under a 315w Vivosun CMH Light in FFOF Soil using Fox Farm Nutes. and my first grow. Full disclosure this seed did not sink during germination but I have 3 other plants all cream one looks similar and the other 2 are lighter in shade. So being a first time grower I wonder if I am screwing someing up or could it just be a difference in Genetics in the seeds. (Same Cultivar reflecting different characteristics). Sorry about the cultivar but my old school ass is sightly amused by the term. Reminds of the Grey Poupon commercial in the 90's
    “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
    ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

perty! I would give her some black strap molasses (unsulfured) 1 Tablespoon per gallon of water. I have read that one can use 3 Tablespoons to 1 gallon of water to reduce nitrogen in the soil.
    You will see all kinds of differences in plants, could be sloppy genetics, old seed, etc..

Comment

Tks. Already using the blackstrap for flavoring (incl during flush every 2-3 wks)
      “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young

Comment

I'm not really seeing the nute burn I'd expect if they were getting too much nitrogen. Some indicas just get really dark.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Tks for the comments. I thought they looked good too but then you read that dark green leaves are a sign...I didn't want to ignore something our of ignorance. I have gained plenty of experience from my first grow (at least more than originally anticipated, life is like that). Peace, Love and Acceptance to all. We are all on this rock together and their aint no weed on Mars if that was your plan B

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X