First Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First Grow

Hi guys, I will start transplantation soon and I have learned a lot of theoretical knowledge until now, almost read all of the articles about it but I am a perfectionist.
    That's why I will ask for your suggestions from the range of products I can buy.

My soil possibilities which one do you think?
    Canna Bio Terra Plus 50 Lt
    Monkey Light Mix Evo 50 Lt
    Monkey Light Mix Pro 50 Lt
    Plagron Light Mix 50 Lt
    BİOBİZZ LİGHT MİX 50 Lt

Cabin
    Secret Jardin
    DARKROOM 120X120X200 R.4

Pot
    Air pot 27 Lt

Light
    PlatinumLED Grow Lights P1200

Fan Is it enough for the cabin?
    in Mini Axial Fan 100mm - 130 m3/s - 14w
    out S&P TD Silent Series Mini - Ultra Quiet 180 m3/s

Carbon Filter which one do you think? (Since I want zero smell, I’ll attach it both enter and exit fans.)
    OD-FİLTER 160mm3/s - 100mm
    Growsan HM carbon filter 190m3/s - 100mm

Accessory
    Loobex Htc-2 Hygrometer-Thermometer-Clock
    Fujika Digital Digital Timer socket
    Typhoon Clip-on Fan 15 cm
    Heavy Duty Adjustable Rope Clip Hanger
    humidifier

CO2 which one do you think?
    The Green Pad - Grand Daddy Pad CO2 bag
    ExHale CO2

Nutrients
    Advanced Nutrients
    Connoisseur Grow A
    Connoisseur Grow B
    Connoisseur Bloom A
    Connoisseur Bloom B
    B-5
    Voodoo Juice
    Big Bud
    Overdrive
    Piranha
    Bud Candy
    Tarantula
    Nirvana
    Sensizym
    Bud Ignitor
    Rhino Skin
    Bud Factor X
    Flawless Finish

First I will plant 2 auto and then 4 photos (SCROG) I am waiting for all your suggestions and ideas.

Hi and welcome... I believe that you could know more about this than I do because I haven't even heard of alot of what is on your list and I've been growing off and on for nearly 35 years. You don't need to spend thousands to grow really good MJ here is a link for some simple setups which includes all you need to start. You can buy the top of the line stuff but things like co2 are unnecessary until you fine tune your skills and want to go to the next level. It's kinda like buying a 150 thousand dollar car for a teenage first time driver.

Learn the cost breakdown of popular cannabis grow setups, what yields to expect, and get all the supplies/info you need to start growing weed in each setup.
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Overload of product
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep !! A recipe for nut burn.

I’d recommend looking at one of the basic setups recommend on GWE, getting everything they have listed and follow their instructions. Your list looks way expensive, start basic.

Comment

For indoor autos all you need are pots, soil, seeds, nutrients, a fan and light.

Comment

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          And maybe a way to test ph.

I agree with everyone else, overkill. Some of that you won't even need, especially as a first time grower. Honestly, all the extra stuff may just end up confusing you. It's hard enough to get the basics down on the first grow without throwing in the extras. It's one thing to learn (read) it, but a whole other to put it into practice. Keep it simple and don't waste the extra money on it until you have more experience. The basic things you need, grow light, pots and soil, exhaust fan/filter, timer, circulation fan(s), thermometer, and nutrients if you're planning on using them. You don't need the CO2 or an intake fan. You also don't need a second carbon filter, one should be plenty. I know you said you're a perfectionist but don't get discouraged if your first grow doesn't go as expected. Some people have really good grows the first time, and some (like myself) have a not so good first grow. Either way, you will learn a lot that you can implement on your next grows. Hope that helps. Welcome and happy growing!

Comment

I have to agree. Too much makes it too complicated. I would focus on the basics, light, nutes and environment. Like everyone has mentioned there are some example setups on the main site that can give you an idea of what you would need. I will comment on a few things.

First, never understood the need for an intake fan. Passive intake is more than enough to do the job and i have seen too many growers with issues that have both intake and exhaust fan. Just make sure you have a cutout large enough (all grow tents come with intake windows built in).

Second, there is no way i have found to have "zero smell". I dont smell anything until mid to late flower and i open my tent, which you have to do to check on plants. If you are in a situation where smell can get you in trouble, you probably should not be growing. I put cut out carbon filters like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to cover my tent intakes. It blocks light and controls smell a little but having zero smell is just unreasonable.

Third. Dont bother with CO2. Only an experienced grower with the proper sealed environment can get any benefit from adding CO2. I dont use CO2 and probably wont unless i start commercially growing as i will see little to no benefit with the size and type of grow i have now.

Fourth, pick a nute line and stick with it. Dont need a whole lot of fancy supplements, especially if this is your first grow. Learn how to grow the plant with a good successful harvest with just the basics then start messing around with supplements. Otherwise you wont know if it is working or you are just getting better as a grower.

Lastly, dont start with autos for your first grow and i wouldnt mix photos and autos. The allure for a new grower to get a harvest within 2-3 months is something i fell for when i first started. What they dont tell you is if you mess up at all, most likely you will have a crappy harvest as there is no time to correct any mistakes. Learn how to grow first, then once you have a grasp on the basics (not just from reading but from experience) then you can do autos.

Comment

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed. I used bag seeds for my first grows so I could get the feel of things before I spent money on seeds. Autoflowers are a good concept but I definitely think a beginner is better using photoperiod plants first. Gives them some time to see the structure and how it grows before it's flowering. Also gives time for experimentation and healing time if there's an issue. Only down side to photoperiod plants I see is that it's easier to over-train them (guilty) the first times. My friend did it even after I warned him about how easy it is to over-train. I told him after a few months that I would be harvesting twice probably before he was done with his first plant. I was right 😂 I have yet to try what he got from it but I guess he got around 4 oz. He ran into a lot of issues along the way though, heat and light stress being the main ones. I'm just glad he had a few photoperiod seeds I gave him and not autoflowers or he probably would have only had a few grams to smoke. Even with my help, and his brother's "help", he still had a little trouble. May head over there today and smoke some of his weed for a change 😂

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            Solid advice

I am in the middle of my first grow. I started out in soil and added some hydro a week later because everything was on back order because a bunch of people got bored during quarantine and started smoking more pot that usual and couldn't afford it because no one was working. Then Trump decided to give everyone who wasn't working and not going anywhere an extra $600 a week. Well some bought cars so they could avoid public transportation and the rest of us decided to start growing weed. I bought a lot of stuff that in looking back now just a couple of months in and I wonder WTF. Basically what I am trying to say is Keep it simple for now. Like others have said get seeds, media, nutes, lights and filter and start growing. I made a tone of mistakes so far and have learned a lot. Like I read on the website. No Such Thing as a Perfect Grow. But the fun is overcoming issues that arise and mistakes that we make to achieve harvest. (or so I hope as I haven't harvested a plant yet) Get over your Analysis Paralysis and Grow. Plant a seed (or several) start enjoying the love between a man and his plant. (comment not meant to exclude the female growers (so sensitive).
          “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
          ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Good 1 cybersmib and i'm female farmer not sensitive to what you posted

ok mate i am on my first grow and read and watched videos for about 3 years then i got a full tent set and its not easy i nearly killed mine about 4 times u want to get 4 femenised seeds and just let the plant grow naturaly no training no scrogging nothing learn how plant grows its hard enough keeping them alive your set up just get 1 light if u go for led theres not a lot of heat dont need loads fans get 2 6inch inline fans with the highest airmovement 1 carbon filter same highest air movement 2 oscilating fans hygrometer and temp meter ph meter couple fabric pots 3 bottle nutriant like flora series calmag 1 light timer think thats about it mate u want to keep it as simple as possible know subsitute for experiance i will be doing at least 3 to 4 grows before i try anything maygor hope this helps dont fall into all the jargon around products u dont most of them look vey carefuly at lights especialy leds

Comment

Firstly, I’d like to thank every single one of you for spending your time for sharing your knowledge no matter what you wrote.It’s very kind of you all And english is not my mother tongue and I don’t live in a European country so it may take a while for me to read and answer your comments.
            In my country, these things are strictly forbidden and I’m the son of an idealist politician. Weeds in my country are really expensive and generally of poor quality and I’m a regular smoker for long years so I just can’t accept this situation just because I was born on these grounds.
            The biggest thing I can invest is money and in return I really want live nice and healthy experiences. I already bought p1200 light and other things on my list feel like necessity cause however my room is secure for growing, there shouldn’t be smell going to other rooms. That’s why I’m thinking getting the good materials. I may be moving to my own apartment next year and I’m sick of not getting anything from all the money I spent.

Comment

Hi growmegood...welcome to the forum. I understand about the $$. The advice to keep it simple is just that. But simplicity in set up and design have little to do with quality products, IMHO. So keep the set up simple and let the plant grow as it will the first time but don't buy cheap sh!t cause you'll just be buying it again. (experience). Your biggest challenge may not be in the set up or the products you can buy but in the application of the instruction. As dphipps1020 said, reading is one thing applying the knowledge is another. Again I speak from experience. My first grow was four photo fem plants that yielded about 7-8 ounces. Grown in soil with improper use of nutrients. this forum helped along the way to overcome my mistakes. That's A year later and it is still some good smoke. You are in a good place to learn growing techniques. Let us know what you end up with.
              Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
              Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
              Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X