Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaf tips turned white

Hello there.

First time grower here. Growing a royal gorilla auto in 70/30 coco perlite. Two of my leaf tips have turned white as you can see. I upped my nutrient strength from half strength to 3/4 strength a few days ago and I’m assuming that the plant wasn’t ready for the increase in nutrients but I couldn’t find anything that confirmed this for me. Hoping someone could confirm this is an over feeding problem. I’m worried as the plants only 3 weeks old. Is the plant likely to recover if sort out the nutrient issue?

Thanks

You can give it a good watering with pH'ed water only until it runs out of the bottom then leave it alone until the coco starts to dry out. It's no big deal, all of us here have overfed before and had plants recover.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• Danielhbonnie
      Danielhbonnie commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok I will try that. Thanks

For 3 weeks old it looks a little light deprived.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed.
      It should be a little larger than this. It also should start flowering soon if the plant is 3 weeks.

But clearly it have been overfed.

Just seen these two latest responses. I think I was under feeding for the first week so that possibly slowed its growth? It has a 150 watt light inside a completely reflective grow room on 24 hour light cycle so I can’t be sure it’s a lack of light. Will the slow growth at the start have a permanent effect on the yield/ quality of bud? It’s burst into life in the past week since I’ve got the feeding ironed out so I’m not too concerned.

cheers
    Last edited by Danielhbonnie; 09-12-2020, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea it will affect the yield. All the days it’s not growing are the days in “bloom you are missing out”

Ah well. At least I’ve learnt a lesson for next time

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X