Beige spots on leaves and leaves curling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Beige spots on leaves and leaves curling

First of all, thank you for letting me join the community! I have read so many posts over the years but this is my first time joining a forum.

I have been growing outdoors in my backyard on Vancouver Island for years and keep learning more every year but I can get a little too excited. Last year I experimented with making my own fertilizers and got major nute burn on a few plants and with the super rainy weather ended up with a small amount of bud rot.

This year I was way more careful and doing everything right, my plants are HUGE and bushy and looked sooooo healthy. A few yellowing leaves here and there, the occasional brown steak, but nothing major. I had a bit of a cal-mag problem for a bit but rectified it and they were looking great again. Until all of a sudden in the last week or so, I’m getting these beige streaks and brown curled tips and then that really scary brown streak showed up on the stem. After searches I thought stem rot and my stomach dropped.

I showed the pics to an experienced grower friend and he thought it might be nute burn instead? I did stupidly try to make my own fertilizer again from a recipe online for blooming homemade fertilizer from fermenting fruit. So it could be this? Still more details needed I know...

Plant One-Durban poison

straight in the ground along with three others
    companion plants like lavender mint yarrow and borage growing around
    fertilizng once a week USUALLY with store bought liquid organic fertilizers - 7-4-10, just switched to 1-2-5 about a week ago, also have a 2-3-3 available but havent used it yet
    also made compost tea a couple times
    ph tested is in the green, right between the six and seven

Plant Two-white widow

a clone from topping others, in a 7G fabric pot, organic sea soil mixed with random soil and compost from my yard - it was a clone so was just experimenting with what was available
    might have got too hot at one point?
    same fertilizer schedule
    ph tested is also in the green

Let me know if you have any other questions! Thank you sooo much for your help!

Well yes it is from the home made bloom booster, mine did the same thing. I added to the surface pelleted dolomite and pelleted sulfur to balance/buffer the soil. What happens is these things are acidic (I use banana which is low PH/acidic). They will be fine, you might water them extra to thin it out a bit (flush), watch the new growth. I let the girls keep these damaged leaves until they turn loose with a gentle tug, think of them as storage tanks for mobile nutes. When the plant starts eating these nutes, the leaves turn yellow die and fall off.

Comment

• amy24
      amy24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great news! Thanks! I have a ton of bananas so will use those and commercial products until I get better at creating those or figure out a way to test them. Thanks again!!!

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      With some test equipment (that I dont have yet) one can balance the PH of the banana tea with pot ash for a better mix, both add K.

• amy24
      amy24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome, do you add at this stage of flowering or should I just save this advice for next year? 😉

Agree with Rwise great grow just a tad to hot a soil i think.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• amy24
      amy24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Our backyard does get really hot, lettuces and herbs bolt sometimes. Glad to hear they are curable problems!! ❤️

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Budgal means there is too much nutrients in your soil - thus - hot soil

• amy24
      amy24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohhhh... haha I’ll pick up on the lingo

Hiya amy24 yep curable best of luck
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

A similar thing is happening on another plant but darker brown? I haven’t fertilized since the last mistake! But it could still just have a lasting effect? We have lots of smoke in the air from the wildfires but don’t think this would cause this? (Hope everyone is ok if you’re being affected by the fires!)

Comment

I have that on 2 plants, it does lead to bud rot, air flow is key (may need to add a fan and trim) also I cut all the discoloured stuff off. The trics were milky on mine I cut all the buds off and the GF went through and cleaned out all the bad.
        Good luck!

Comment

• amy24
          amy24 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! That’s what I’m worried about, so much moisture/fog/smoke in the air in the morning. Thanks for the advice! I’ll look at the trichomes and see if it’s worth just pulling early. 👍🏼❤️

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X