Unusual growth? (Pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual growth? (Pics)

So I have a gal here and the others seem to be continuing to grow from the center / main stem. But this one, for some reason isn't doing that. And, it's the only one showing growth from the nodes. Is she stunted? Or is this normal? First timer guys, just a heads up.

Not sure what the leaf discoloration is about. Maybe I started feeding too late. Didn't get any nutrients until their last watering (using coco) and the plants do seem better since then.

They are autos. Just wondering if this sort of growth is normal.

Thanks!

First thing is nute burn. Second shes a mutant, it happens just train the 2 limbs away from each other.
    She'll lock something like this, and yes it is a garbage can. This is not the same this is a main top and a limb, can you guess which is the limb? Gotta luv mutations!

Comment

• CC80
      CC80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know it happens. As long as yield isn't terribly affected, I'm happy. I'll be doing lst & scrog for training to try to get the most out of it.

The close up picture is before any nutrients were given ... so idk how it could be nutrient burn. The second photo (wider shot) is while after their first feeding.

Thanks for the photo, that thing looks crazy 0_o lol the one leaning right could be the limb ... unless u tied that for training initially ... so the one on the left?
      Last edited by CC80; 09-01-2020, 11:13 AM.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      The limb is the one on the left.

• CC80
      CC80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool

You started feeding too strong to early. Early growth from the nodes imo means you are getting enough light to the plant which is a good thing. Back off the nutrients a bit and you should have a great plant.

Comment

• CC80
      CC80 commented
      Editing a comment
      The close up is from before it ever received nutrients. The wider shot is after its first watering w. Nutes so idk what's up lol

It's just 200w led off amazon, nothing special. Does seem to be doing the trick though! I hope so, it's kinda exciting

Originally posted by Texasbob View Post
    You started feeding too strong to early. Early growth from the nodes imo means you are getting enough light to the plant which is a good thing. Back off the nutrients a bit and you should have a great plant.
    That's interesting that the picture was taken before adding nutrients. What kind of soil are you using? That kind of leaf issue is most common with a plant getting to much of a good thing. (Nutrients). You are right, it is exciting! I love watching my plants grow especially when you get it all dialed in and you are rocking!

Comment

• CC80
      CC80 commented
      Editing a comment
      50/50 coco and pearlite or thereabouts. The PH is in the right range. I'm measuring run off and waterings. I turned the dimmer on the light down a bit in case it was light burn (even though it doesn't rly look like it) but they do seem healthier since I did that.

Just hoping I dnt kill them if I get through to an actual harvest I'll be happy. Happier w. Bigger yields lol but I'll consider any usable product a success for a first attempt.

I feel like I'm learning a lot already tho which is rly cool. I can tell this hobby is addictive, already planning my next attempt 😂

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X