Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips for raising light in tent?

Hi folks, another noob question.

If I need to raise my led light for more clearance, I plan to wrap the hanging cord a few times around the tent ceiling bar. Should only need a few extra inches.

Any other suggestions? Pic of light cables and carabiner below.
    Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Get an adjustable lanyard. Makes it easier to raise and lower as needed.
    3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
    Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
    Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
    Couple of fans for airflow
    First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
    Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
    Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

Comment

I gained a few inches by using only 2 of the steel cables....
      Attached Files

Comment

• Cheeba
        Cheeba commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah ha! That should do the trick, thanks JDU macgyver.

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        👍 Happy Harvest!

Here's what i use for my lights and fan/filter. Pretty cheap on Amazon. You can raise and lower as you wish
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Cheeba
        Cheeba commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the recommendation. What exhaust fan and filter do you use in your 3x3?

• PLreef
        PLreef commented
        Editing a comment
        I use a AC Infinity T6 fan with a 6"x16" carbon Phat filter

I have the same or at least similar light as you. I attached a piece of light weight "swing set chain" to the light harness and the other end to the support bars with an "S" hook. I can raise and lower the light by lengthening or shortening the length of the chain on the "S" hook.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

What they send are usually way too long. Try using one per side and have it between the two anchors on top of the light. That will shorten it up but if that’s not enough make your own out of zip ties

Comment

I like to use all 4 but in this configuration. I love the ratchet rope hangers each click is close to a 1/4 inch just count them when you want to raise lights and inch or so. In the one picture you can see a couple of loose ones clipped to the ones the light is hung from, when my plants are short I will use those second set to quickly raise the light for access to the plant and be able to lower it right back to it's original height. Never thought about it till just now may be able to gain another inch if I ran the cables through where they hook to light and and removed the little clasps and hook ends of cable to ratchet ropes.

Comment

• Cheeba
          Cheeba commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the pics Poppa very helpful.

Double the steel cables over. Pot the top loop in the clip attached to the light and use two pulley hangers instead of one should buy you a few inches. I did the same for my led.

Comment

I use the same clips but instead of using the hanger cable attachment that comes with the light i clipped them directly to the light for maximum height now it always depends on the light if they can clip directly to the light like mine i got mine from amazon packs of 2 for real cheap https://www.amazon.ca/VIVOSUN-Adjust...8926742&sr=8-2 The newer model has the buttons.

Comment

• Cheeba
            Cheeba commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks like I’ll be buying a few clips, thanks for sharing.

• Jordann
            Jordann commented
            Editing a comment
            This is how I hang one ratchet clipped directly to the light, then run it over the pole and clip to the light, do one on each side of light, gets my light up to the roof within 2 inches.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X