Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 55 - Fastbuds Blackberry

Hi, guys!

Quick update about my Fastbuds blackberry strains. They are at day 55 now, looking healthy I guess, however I was expecting better yield. I’ve just added nutrients (Alga Bloom basic nutrient for flowering + Green Sensation flower stimulator (organic soil used)), and will wait an another week to see, if they are ready for flush.

Couple of questions:

1. I’ve removed most of the lower fan leaves in the past weeks, but should I remove more to help the plant focus on their buds?

2. When would be the best time to start flushing them?

Note: They have been LST-d, so I guess it might take longer for them to be ready for harvest (catalogue says 8 weeks).

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Hello and you sure got a pretty auto there Don't quit feeding yet she's got some filling out to do.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Just remember the manufacturer's recommendation is just that recommendation I found it normally takes a week to two weeks longer sometimes even more than what they say.

Comment

What about the leaves, guys? Should I remove some to help the plant focus more on the bud growth?

Comment

Only if they are blocking bud sites and can't be tucked out of the way. Remember when you start flushing it will eat all the nutes in the leaves and help fatten the buds.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. The reason why I removed some (mostly lower leaves, and buds) was:

1. To maintain a good airflow through the plant (it’s a balcony growth).

2. I’m using only a 30w LED full spektrum light per strain, and there is not much light access to the lower part of the plant.

3. Some leaves were blocking bud formations.

4. I’ve seen online, that some guys remove the leaves towards the end of the growth (see example picture below).

Hopefully did not do anything wrong. If yes, let me know please!

Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

I wouldn’t take off any leaves looking at that picture. I don’t use LED but 30w sounds low. Light is the most important factor in bud size so if you want big buds get a bigger light I’d say.

Comment

Like magicmike said light is important. You may want to upgrade your light and just use that as added light during flower.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X