When does flower week count begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does flower week count begin

Noob question: Do y’all start counting when you flip to 12 or when buds actually appear? Not sure if the 2-3 weeks of stretch post flip are considered veg or flower.

Either way I know to check trichomes to confirm when ready to harvest, but would like to mark my calendar for number of weeks recommended by breeder.

Thanks and Happy growing.
    Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Hi Cheeba, let’s say you got genetics that says 8-9 weeks to harvest, your count down of that period starts after first sign of flowers on your plant NOT from the day you turn light cycle to 12/12 ✌🏼🍀

Comment

• Cheeba
      Cheeba commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks

Hi Cheeba...I count the flower period from the day I flip the switch. I tried it the other way, But for me it's easier to just count from when the 12/12 starts. I don't pay attention to harvest times except as a guide. There are so many variables that come into play.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• Cheeba
      Cheeba commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that makes sense. The more I learn more from GWE and other resources, “feel” and reading plant needs are more important than specific guidelines. It’s an art and a science.

Peace!

Use the flowering times only a rough guide. I find they usually take longer than what they say ( I only grow photo plants)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X