Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hello all. what size tent for a 1000w viperspectra grow light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello all. what size tent for a 1000w viperspectra grow light?

hello all. hope you guys are doing awesome! so, im new to growing, but i habe been an avid consumer for years. as such, licing where i do gwtring my stuff is a PITA so i stopped after moving back. i decided to start back up again and just grow. i digured, its a dang weed. plant it and get oitnof its way. rhis has worked off and on. i took bag seeds, planted them, about 40. out of that i got two ladies. their main stem was as fat as my thumb, and they grew to about 4 feet tall. sadly, i never got to sample the fruits because a SWAT team came and shot my neighbor i the face and during all the cop acrivity, shen nuck out, pulled the gals and sent them down the garbage disposel. dont hate on her, she was being an awesome best half and taking care of her guy. so i figure if i grow one plant indoors this just wont be an issue again. it was just onenof those weird things. so i also grow veggies. my neighbor (not the guy who got shot) gifted me a 1000w viprspectra grow light. im very impressed by it. i also habe big plans for growing some peppers indoors. so here is my question. i want to buy a grow tent or make a grow tent. what size should it be with the 1000w light? I plan on starting with some auto flower, probubly northern lights, and some white widow to get my feet wet, then some bag seed to try some photo period. im not trying to grow mass amounts, just enough for me and my best half. so i guess the queation is, how big of a tent to get the most out of the light? and is the light i have to big for an auto flower or two? i apologize if im whipping a dead horse, and i thank yall for taking the rime to read this long winded ass post. have a good, safe and awesome rest of the weekend.

1.5x1.5x2m mate the light isnt to powerful just make sure u keep it the right distance from plants not sure something like 16inch someone on here how knows more about leds will commemt ok mate

Comment

Usually the manufacture of light will say on it's web site the average tent size height of veg. and flower for light. 16" is way to close
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I can not comment on tent size that would be recommended for your light but I do own Viparaspectra lights (3 - 600 watt and 3 - 1200 watt) both lights have 3'x3' coverage at 24 inch veg height and 2'x2' coverage at 18 inch flower height when I bought them. As for how I would look for tent size is first to decide where I was going to place it taking into account electrical access and ventilation since those are things you need and once setup don't generally change through a grow. At that point you can measure to be certain not to buy a tent with a bigger foot print than will fit where you plan to set it up. I will say if it was me and light is good for 3'x3' or 1mx1m and I had room to go a little larger say 4'x4' I would go with the larger tent. Some times when working with my plants I could use a few extra inches to move my plants or for me to get access to backs and sides.

Comment

I too am a 1st timer, I have some autos started and my advice is DO NOT start with autos, you have 3 to 5 weeks of growing before they start to flower and if everything goes right that’s great but if you make a few mistakes and they are only 6” tall when the time comes to flower it doesn’t matter they start. If you start with photos and make a few mistakes you can just put off changing the the light schedule to 12/12 and you can grow them to the size you want. If you pick a fairly fast flowering photo it shouldn’t take a lot more time than a auto. That’s what I would have done anyway if I could have started over.

Comment

Poppa is giving you good advice. When you make your setup you need it to be there a long time. Auto's or photo's make a choice. First fruits going to be 4 months at least. That light would do 1x1x2 meter tent very effectively. Of course you could hang it in a spare shower stall if nobody notices. Have fun avoid the leo's.
            Focus and relativity.

Comment

Originally posted by growell View Post
              1.5x1.5x2m mate the light isnt to powerful just make sure u keep it the right distance from plants not sure something like 16inch someone on here how knows more about leds will commemt ok mate
              1.5x1.5x2 should be close to 4x4x 80ish ?

Comment

Originally posted by Eliot Pryor View Post
                Poppa is giving you good advice. When you make your setup you need it to be there a long time. Auto's or photo's make a choice. First fruits going to be 4 months at least. That light would do 1x1x2 meter tent very effectively. Of course you could hang it in a spare shower stall if nobody notices. Have fun avoid the leo's.

i actually thought about using my bathtub, but i want to grow in a spot a maintenance man has no need to go. i picked the closet i our master bedroom. i dont need to worry about smell to much, and the clkset door was to short so i have a 1.5 to 2 inch gap for fans to suck air into the closet. a 4x4x 60 plus inch grow tent will fit perfectly, and i can even hide it with hanging clothes and empty boxs. if i need to add a fan i can just pop the light out and vent that way. i have allot of options for ventilation. im sticking with autoflower because i need to work on my light control, mainly keeping unwanted light out. then ill plan on some photo period after i get my first grow down.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X