Powder Vs Liquid Nutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powder Vs Liquid Nutes

I was shopping around and came across a tough choice.
    powder vs liquid (GH grow powder vs Dyna Grow liquid) I chose the powder due to the high NOK value.
    I know powder can set and not fully dilute.
    liquid can easily be dissolved.

anyone else have a preference and why?

NPK value 🙊

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I use the powder nutrients GH MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom. At first I had a little problem with them completely dissolving in the water (I use city tap water) until I began pH'ing the water down to the 6.0 range (the tap water came out at 7.25) before adding in the dry nutrients. The pH level determines how well the chemicals dissolve into the water, that is why the pH level is so critical for the plant's uptake, if the nutrients are not dissolved, the can not absorb them.

Performance is more important than how it comes far as I'm concerned. I'm using a granular homemade fert. It's annoying to have to shake the jug repetitively as I water but the results make it all worthwhile.
    Last edited by JDU; 08-28-2020, 10:46 AM.

Comment

I used a combination. They both did just fine. As JDU said it's about quality. Some people throw bat shit in the soil. Some add egg shells. Some use pellets. Some use powder. Some use liquid. In the end, we are only going for a good and balanced uptake. I will say that powder and liquid nutrients are readily available after dissolving, while egg shells and organic matter need to be broken down by good bacteria and such.

You want a good N value for veg, and lighter P-K values as well, but don't knock the P-K. It plays a vital role in veg too.

For flower you want 0 N value (after the flower stretch) or at least nothing higher than 1-2. Flowering is where you want you P-K value to increase substantially.

If you are going to use powder, use half dosages and don't look at a 1/4 teaspoon as nothing. For roots that's like smashing 6 Red Bulls at once.

And always pH your water after your nutrients completely dissolve. That's all for now. Cheers!
      Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
      300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
      FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

i use powdered nutrients and liquid ones combined, i use GH flora micro, epsom salts, potassium sulfate and MKP

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          because theyre cheaper, with liquid nutrients you are paying for water too

I started with FF powders and then got the liquid nutes. HUUGE jump in yield. I use both now.
        Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

I’m still new to DWC and already spent a lot of money on my soil grow so I’ll stick with my powered. Next grow I’ll use both. Thanks everyone .

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X