Day 3 - 1st grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Day 3 - 1st grow

So... First grow, day 3. Coco and perlite - Northern lights auto (sensiseed).

Iv already messed up by overwatering. My pot is saturated and the little dude is droopy on all 4 ears.

If I was to remove the top 2 inches of soil to speed up the drying process, would I run the risk of any damage?

I have a 5 litre pot, folded to around 4 so in theory with autos growing fine in 3 litres, could this speed up the drying?

Edit 5 gallon not litre (force of habit)
    Starts
    08-26-2020
    Ends
    08-27-2020
    Last edited by Larrybird420; 08-27-2020, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Folded - so I take it is a fabric pot Get it on some kind of riser so the air is flowing through all sides - even the bottom.

Don't fuck it up by trying to remove soil.

One little tug on that taproot is all it takes to kill your plant - as in - no buds for you.

Leave it alone and let it grow - don't water until your pot is dry dry dry.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Absolutely spot on, fabric, indoors. Thank you very much for the advice!

Comment

Good advice Canuck147. I have been arguing with a several new growers that over watering in coco is possible. This is a perfect example of how you can over water in coco so i appreciate you posting this Larrybird420 . Let it dry and get air under the pot like the previous post stated and you should be ok, Once the roots are more developed over watering should not be an issue but as a seedling it can be.

Comment

Thanks Tersky, schoolboy stuff by myself. I spent the last 4 to 5 months of lockdown studying everything I can and building (I have a spacebucket, but on steroids) and it was like being back in school sitting a test and your mind just goes blank and then boom, you shit the bed on the first question!!

​​​​​​

Comment

I really like you guys and your honesty. We just do our best and no worries Larrybird420 we all make rookie mistakes. Here.....some of us " old growers " are having trouble with new think they know it all newbies who spew out false info and we are calling them out. We don't want to give out incorrect info for fuck sake we want grows to succeed or at least get a first grow or two to harvest. That's all and Good luck we really want to help those that can understand the written word.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Larrybird420
                Larrybird420 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for that, ironically I had done most of my research on reddit but when it came to the community its was chaos, 100 different answers to one question. I kept finding myself reading things from this site and getting what I needed so I decided to sign up. Am an old school smoker, but an absolute novice at growing. I'm in an illegal country for growing so lockdown has been torture with supply and prices. So I decided to go off it in April and focus on self suppling (thankfully with the wife's permission). This first interaction is nothing short of a relieve, and a god send!
                Last edited by Larrybird420; 08-27-2020, 05:09 PM.

when u transplant go at 3gallon mistake i made not big enough pot surprising how quick roots grow i got root bound mate

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                I think you are not reading what the post said in the beginning growell. He did put it in the correct size pot he did not fill it all the way up so it is more of a 3gal size pot. He's got this with the help of others from above. But you make a good point at auto pot size.

• Larrybird420
                Larrybird420 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the tip. I actually meant to say 5 gallon (folded to about 4) not litre (force of habit with my job) I actually planted directly to the finishing pot as it's an auto and I didn't want to stress it out too much!

i thought he said litres mate

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                It's all good

• Larrybird420
                Larrybird420 commented
                Editing a comment
                I did,,apologies (have now edited it, force of habit) thanks again!

dont worry mate let me know how u get on i 50 days into first grow nearly killed them about 4 times so going through it myself it stressful mate

Comment

• Larrybird420
                Larrybird420 commented
                Editing a comment
                Will do pal, am sure I'll be back soon with another fuck up 😂

Great advice! Only thing I’d add, since you’re in a fabric pot putting a fan right on the side of the pot will help dry the soil out faster.

Comment

• Larrybird420
                Larrybird420 commented
                Editing a comment
                👍👍👍 Nice one cheers

Hi folks,

So I haven't fed since my last post, I have got two new leafs but everything is still dropping, day 8 to 9 now.

Is it time to give up and start a new seed?

At this point if I did let it grow am I lookin at essentially 1 to 2 colas due to the stunting? A type of bonsai I see so ofton?

The reason I ask is if I start again (if this in fact a lost cause) I could an have a potentially bigger harvest for December which was what I was aiming for?

Perhaps am looking too much into this but from what I have seen most autos at this age look way more developed!

Comment

• Airies11
                Airies11 commented
                Editing a comment
                Don’t ever give up on them, unless they are costing too much in resources, such as light or space ~ instead maybe use them as experimental, play with technique etc and learn on them ~ just an idea 🙂 ‘happy days and good luck!’

She’s ready for some water now. Just a little in a circle around it. She’ll eventually take off. Patience

Comment

Super thanks!

Just added 200ml of 5.8 water mixed with cal mag (1/3 the recommended dose)
                Last edited by Larrybird420; 09-02-2020, 02:47 PM.

Comment

just keeping going with them and put a couple of seeds down aswell u come this far with them what u got to lose mate maybe put lights closer or they might just have a mad growth spurt plus they not that far off for 8 days hope this helps

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X