Hallelujah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hallelujah

After 17 days one of my six dwarf clones is showing a root out the bottom of its rock-wool cube. Now all I gotta do is figure out how to keep them alive until next summer. I don't relish the idea of making an indoor grow setup but I don't think I have much of a choice anymore. I have a good size armoire in my guest room that could work I think. My only real concern is venting. How important is exhausting a grow area? Is it mainly for the smell or is it integral to overall health?

Depending on what kind setup you got depends on the issues i run led lights and don't get much heat but sometimes during the summer it does get over heated in there so i bought a Ac just for the plants lol also if you live in a dry area you will need a humidifier to keep the moisture levels in the right range it all varies depending on where you live and outside conditions my winter and summer grows need different things to run perfect. I am yet to get a dehumidifier one grow i had issues with wetness and had some mold grow outside my tent on the ceiling but high humidity is only a issue more during the flowering stage depending on how many plants you have.

Comment

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      I live in So. Cal. The room has it's own A/C and I have a humidifier.

Fresh air is important to health. When the plant uses up vital resources, it needs to be replaced. There are many ways to do this.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

If you do grow indoors i recommend picking one of these up https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B076Q6HKLL you can put the remote sensor near the plants and have the other end to keep track of the plants in the main room you are always in. There is other models without the remote sensor but thats up to you Temperature and Humidity are the main factors for ventilating the grow room for me and smell if you care about that but that is based on preference

Comment

Ventilation is a pretty big thing, especially when your plants get bigger. Whether the lights are hot or not you'll want ventilation for fresh air and a circulation fan inside. If you're not worried about your plants being in plain sight, you could always take the doors off and just always leave it open. Really all you need for veg is a timed light. I don't really worry about humidity but I live in Colorado where it's not really humid or too terribly dry, stays around 30-35% in my house most days. If the light gets to be too much for you, you can always hang a couple thin sheets over the opening (a light color inside, dark outside). That should block most of the light and keep it fairly ventilated but you'll still want a fan for circulation. Hope that helps.

Comment

• crucialbunny
          crucialbunny commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, it does help. They are dwarf photos. Mom hasn't exceeded 18" so they take minimal space and I only have 6 of them. The guest bedroom where I keep them has it's own A/C unit and I have a humidifier. I have fans for air movement and the room itself is bright and airy. Sometime this week I'll probably put them in 2 gallon containers after I get some soil ready. For the time being I think I will keep them where they are because I use the armoire as my drying closet and I have a lot of plants for harvest over the next month or so. I probably should get a timer for the lights because I've been doing it manually while they were rooting and that has become tedious.

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah the timers make it so much easier. I have just a plain old cheap one I got at Wal-Mart for like $5-7 and they've worked great for over a year, some over 2 years now. You could honestly just stick them in a closet too, if that's an option for you at all. I really want a drying closet, been thinking about building one but I have to wait a little while still. Would come in really handy once I start harvesting 12 plants every 5 weeks. Potentially I want to use it to dry and cure so I'll have to come up with a good custom design. Until then, drying in my actual closet it is.

If you’re wanting to grow a plant through the winter to be used as a mother in the spring you can grow it as a houseplant without much care. Most strains don’t have much of a smell while in the vegetative stage and they don’t require the same nutes or water as a plant you’re growing to flower. It’s basically about keeping it alive, healthy and in veg, that’s it. You want your moms small and compact not a big ass tree inside your house. I have my moms sitting in a room that’s south facing so it gets sunlight all day with a T5 mounted underneath a shelf above them, timer comes in from 6am to 9am then 6pm until midnight to make sure they’re getting 18hrs of light a day.

Checkout this article. I read it the other day and it’s basically what I’ve always done only smaller and I generally swap moms every 4-5yrs instead of cutting their roots down.

Learn how to keep tiny cannabis plants so you can save genetics and get free clones forever! Based on the classic tutorial by OldTimer1.
        Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 08-27-2020, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I have 3 that I've never tried before but they're supposed to have a decent THC% and they sounded really good. So I decided to make them into mothers and get my money's worth out of them, since I bought them. Figured I'd clone them a few times, grow them and decide after I smoke them if I want to keep them around or not. Either way I have more seeds still so I can replant if I decide to get rid of them. Right now I just have a 2x2 so it's 9 mothers tops, but I may expand if I find others I like too. Maybe in the future I'll swap them, one at a time.

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          The best thing about feminized seeds is you don’t have to keep a bunch of plants around waiting for their clones to flower to find out if they’re male or female.

• crucialbunny
          crucialbunny commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you bboy. I believe that the houseplant way of going may just work out for me. I just need to find a good whiz-bang timer for lighting so they won't flower on me. I'm rooting them at 18-19 hrs light right now and would like to maintain that until Spring. When I took the clones the branches were just starting flower. I've got a little bit of new leaf development and when they stabilize in soil I'll remove the flower.

i useing 600watt hps u need intake and outake fans i woluld also go bigger say 6inch if u getting 2metre tent mate

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X