Should I start over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Should I start over?

Okay so I’m on Day 9 from seed. 2 plants. Bubbleponics grow in 18 gallon tote, 9 gallon of 1/4th fox farm trio nutrients for hydroponics. I only have the tap roots, they have the fuzzy side roots coming off of them, the tap roots are touching the water. I have the first set of bladed leaves that come immediately after the cotyledons (these are still a dark green). The next leaves that come after the first set, they aren’t coming in fast, at all. These are auto seeds as well. So I’d figure by day 9, I’d have more growth. I smelled a musky smell from the reservoir when I open the lid. Someone said I’ve got mold, rot, or something going on. I’ve read about mold getting into the pores of the tote

So I bought a new tote. Spray Painted the inside and outside of the tote white, to help with temperature. I cut the holes for the air pump lines a lot more flush, to where no light could get in. I got a new lid, and cut only two holes for the net pots, more flush to where no light can get in (previous lid I had I cut out a spot to pour the water in and the flap I cut just laid over the hole- leaving room for light to leak in). I also taped up the lid with aluminum foil tape. Also, I super glued a mercury water temp gauge to the inside of the tote. Since it’s an 18 gallon tote with 9 gallons of water, my two air stones sitting on the bottom of the tote much likely isn’t producing enough bubbles at the surface, so I’m going to put two cinder blocks in the tote to raise the two air stones.

Now, my question is- do I start over with new seeds? Or do I move the net pots over, that could already possibly have mold or rot in them? And if I should just transfer the current plants, since the cotyledons haven’t turned yellow yet (I’ve already started adding 1/4th nutes but haven’t seen much growth), should I revert back to starting with just ph’d water until I see the cotyledons turn yellow or see more leaves? Or if I do transfer them should I just start with fresh water and continue with the 1/4th nutes?

Any help would be great. (Before I switch to the new reservoir and while I’m waiting for an answer to take appropriate action, I added Epsom salt and 4oz of hydrogen peroxide to the res.) ph levels are good. I’ve been trying to maintain temp in water with iced bottles of water.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X