Hydroponics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydroponics

When you feed your plants. Do you maintain the ppm constantly. Throughout the week? Or do you feed once a week and repeat? My water level drops and I refill everyday and pH it at 5.8. confused on the ppm. Any help would be appreciated

I grow in a small hydro set up. I check the ph and ppm when the water level drops by 1 gallon I add a gallon of water that has been treated as needed. (nutrients and ph up or down) I've been growing in hydro almost 7 years. I used to change the water every 10 days or so. I've started just monitoring the solution level. Lazy no doubt but still growing kick-ass pot. Have a great gow !!
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

I'm not familiar with hydroponics but I.would imagine if you were to make some extra fertigate, you could top up with the same strength/ph water that was mixed for reservoir. 5 gallon pail with a spouted lid for example with a few extra gallons.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I know nothing about DWC/Hydro i would not speak of something i know nothing about and have not done.

• Covid420
        Covid420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just makes sense to me. I mix 4 days fertigate when I hand feed. Unless I have time to mix fresh. Nothing bad has happened yet lol

I am not sure what you are asking, but i'll take a stab at it. Ppm should stay constant or close to constant. If your ppms go up after a feed and water level goes down that usually means the plant is drinking more than it is eating and you need to lower your feed. If ppm drops significantly then it usually means your not feeding enough. The caveat is the ph. If ph is in normal ranges then this applies, but if it is off too much then nutrient uptake will suffer and plants will naturally not be able to eat nutes. This is also why it is important to let ph flux as some nutrients are only able to be absorbed at specific ph ranges. I dont refill usually with plain ph'd tap water unless my ppm's increase, otherwise i wait until the weekly res change to add nutes. During flower, the plant tends to drinks more than than early to mid veg and i tend to do res changes or top off with fresh nutes a few times a week but that is because i grow in 2 gal buckets and they are out or almost out of water/nutes. In a larger res you may not need to do this as you should have enough water to last. I do 2 gal buckets to save space and usually by the end i have to replace water every couple days. Hope this answers your question.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hydroponics-ph-chart-marijuana.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	440462

Comment

Same dose all the way from seedling to harvest. Maybe not the optimal specially with finicky plants but certainly the easiest way to water a lot of plants at different stages everyday

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X