Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I top my plants if they've already been topped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I top my plants if they've already been topped?

I topped the main stem and now have two branches growing from the main one. Can I top those two branches too and get four? Also am I able to top side branches? Do I have to wait until I see seven point leaves before topping? Thx

You can if you have enough room for a very wide plant. I've got some at full maturity that are putting off 1 and 3 finger leaves, so I wouldn't use that as a safety net. You can top anything that creates a top till it's in flower. So yes, you can top a top and double your tops every topping, however when she is 15' wide will you have space for her?

Comment

It really depends on what you're growing and how. If these are photoperiod plants in veg, topping twice is enough unless you are manifolding them. For scrog, once or twice is plenty. Forcing the tops into horizontal growth leads to more cola sites faster because every growth node along the way will make bud. There is always a bit of a recovery period after topping so know that every time you do it, veg will take a bit longer. For autos, I have no experience but some of the folks on here have done it. Some recommend it and others say it isn't worth it because veg time is too precious.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Here are my plants and the current setup and space I'm working with. Both plants were topped. I've done some defoliation in order to expose the bottom branches to allow them to grow more. Any recommendations on how I should train them for the best yields possible? They are about six weeks old and this is a five gallon pot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2371.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.99 MB ID:	440314Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2369.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.23 MB ID:	440316Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2372.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.95 MB ID:	440317Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2370.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.82 MB ID:	440315

Comment

You can top each n every top as often as you like. You might slow yer vertical growth but other'n that you ain't gonna hurt nothin. In fact it'll increase lateral growth and potential budsites.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X