First grow in 6 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow in 6 years

Okay it's going to be time to top them all one last time to take 10 points to 20 defoliate one last time then build my scrog net and Transplant into 8 gallon containers if anyone has any thoughts any input is always appreciated

raspberry cough from nirvana

2x4 gorilla light line
    Kind k5 XL750

Ffof and ffhf
    With jiffy dirt for drainage

nutrients Fox Farm Trio

cloudline 6in intake and exhaust fans with humidity and temperature alarm system
    Last edited by USMCnoviceMedical; 08-31-2020, 09:19 AM.

Looking healthy!

Comment

Just finished the defoliation. Wednesday I will be building the scrog net. (Payday) when the girls recover from the shock I will be transplanting to 8 gallon pots.
      Attached Files

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking like a pro! Excellent job, no bandages lol

• USMCnoviceMedical
        USMCnoviceMedical commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you I really appreciate that.

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        I run a ScrOG the same way, as low as possible. When I grew in a 5ft high tent there’s wasn’t a choice but now that I have a taller tent I haven’t changed

This will be my first scrog. I have read the tutorial GWE so many times now I feel like I can recite it.

Comment

Ok so I have built the screen and installed it. I transplanted the girls. 8 gal pots. I'm going to give a day or so to let them recover from the shock before I defoliat them agian. As I said this is the first scrog I have ever done so not sure when I should flip to flower. Sativa 70/30 and the stretch jt says is about 2 to 2 1/2 feet. Was going to give about two more weeks in veg to fill screen a bit more and let roots expand. Anyone who has experience with a scrog thoughts?
        Attached Files

Comment

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s a beautiful set up. If I ever try this I know who’s design I’m stealing.

Thank you I hated the idea of legs so I put it on a pulley system and attached it to the tent frame. I am very pleased with it.

Comment

I agree with Xena, these look great. Bookmarking this to revisit if I ever try a scrog net. Keep us posted on the progress please!

Comment

Plan to keep posting till I harvest. Agian thank you.

Comment

So I have been thinking of upgrading my lights for a while now, also so I can move the kind L300 back in my 2x2 cabinet. So after talking with my wife and making sure we could afford the purchase I pulled the trigger and bought a Kind X2 commercial grow light for my 4x4 tent. So now I can move my K5 XL 750 into this grow. I am very excited to see how well the scrog will respond to the light upgrade. When the X2 arrives all my clones should be finished rooting and ready to go in the 4x4. Plan to start a sepret posting for that grow.

Comment

If that’s all the screen you have to work with it’ll be filled quick then all growth will be vertical. Probably be a good idea to flip to flower and let the stretch fill the screen

Comment

Thanks bboy. Will make sure that the flip is set after they go to sleep this after noon.

Comment

Ok so last night was the last day for their veg. I also put the XL750 in there for an upgraded light source. I will be flipping them into flower to fill out the screen. Pretty sure its going to get crowded fast since these girls do 2/3rds of their growing in stretch. Will deal with that when we get to it. Anyway just got confirmation of the X2 shipping out about 5min ago. (Feel like a kid on Christmas) so here are there last pics in veg.

Comment

After 6 years off, looks like you’ve not forgotten how to grow. Nice work. I’m gonna follow this for scrog tips along the way, that’s next on my list to try out.

Comment

Ok also for this grow it is the first time I have ever used a living soil such as FF. So far up to this point all I have given them is ph water 6.3. When transplanting the girls i added about 5 gallons of mixed soil, ffof and ffhf with perlite, so the question is will I even need to break out the nutes for the flowering?

I have always used inert soil mixes and added nutes through the whole grow.

Comment

We are on the 4th day 12/12 had to find a better way to water the girls so I took some left over PVC pipe and some elbows a T and two caps to make this.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                          Editing a comment
                          The perils of running a low ScrOG! Adapt, improvise, overcome

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X