Bad smells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad smells

I’m thinking about expanding my grow space next spring but before I even consider my options I need to know, my garage has a 4’x7.5’ room but it has a slight musty smell. Will the musty smell affect my grow, during grow and/or drying? I’ve smoked that weed that tastes and smells like an old nasty basement and definitely don’t want it to come out like that.

Hmmm how about putting some flat white paint on the walls?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Texasbob
      Texasbob commented
      Editing a comment
      Good answer! You could use a product called kilz mold killing primer and it should take care of it.

• Xena
      Xena commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m familiar with kilz, I worked construction for 30+ years before my health went to hell.
      I guess I didn’t really provide enough info. I didn’t mean just the small room has the musty smell, it’s in my entire garage (which is 30’x40’) so I don’t think doing anything to just the small room will really help, at least for very long. My roof was bad which caused some leaks but was reroofed a couple years ago and the smell is better but I don’t think it will ever go totally away short of me totally emptying and working on the whole thing (which will not be done until after I’m dead because my old crippled ass ain’t doin it) so I need to know if I can live with the smell, meaning it won’t affect my crop, or do I need to figure how to expand in my house, which is where I’m growing now.

The smell means there is mold or mildew, both are bad for your health. Unfortunately you need to find and destroy it, regardless of where you grow at.
    Edit with a leak its probably inside the walls, BTDT, was not fun.

Comment

• Xena
      Xena commented
      Editing a comment
      BTDT? Not in the walls, it’s a pole barn so a wall consists of 2x’s horizontal, sheeting, and steel siding, so there’s no inside. Any mold/mildew is most likely up in the attic. I’m aware of the possible health problems am not that worried, I’ll be dead from a couple other things long before this kills me.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X