Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day 6 straight from seed, top fed DWC HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Day 6 straight from seed, top fed DWC HELP!

I have two plants in rapid rooters, sitting on hydroton, in an 18 gallon tote. (Followed Rosemans Bubbleponics directions except instead of 10 gallon tote and 5 gallons of water, I did 18 gallon tote with 9 gallons of water). I’m on day 6 from seed straight into the rapid rooter, and I’ve provided pics of what they look like. No nutrients in the water, because the Roseman forum says to add first nutrient 1/4 recommended dose after 1 week, during the first reservoir change. These strains are gorilla skittlez auto and purple punch auto. Are these how these plants supposed to look on day 6 straight from seed? I’m not seeing much growth, I haven’t been checking the PH level because there’s nothing in the water yet. I have one root that is almost about to touch the water (net pot is about a good 4-5 inches from the water. I have a 600w led vipaspectra light above the seedlings at 23”, 60% light. I guess I’m just looking for, should I see more growth by now, or will they speed up after they hit the oxygenated water, or when I do the first reservoir change with the added 1/4th nutrients? It’s like they opened up, and then stopped with the growing of the leaves, but I guess the root is getting longer and towards the water. Also, the top fed system, it’s not a slow drip. It’s like a constant flow of water to the rapid rooters. I got the same manifold as what Roseman mentions to get, and it says to keep the valves turned all the way on. When I slightly press the rooters, they are filled with water. But the main root has already surpassed the bottom of the net pot. I’m just wondering if I should see more growth by now. It’s also in a 2x4 tent, and the light cycle is 18/6.

Looks pretty normal. Should ph your water though. Are you using tap or mineralized water? Should be good for calmag. If RO water you need to add it. The RR have micro nutrients for 2 weeks I think. Some root microbes wouldnt hurt. The first blade leaves are open so base nutes are a go. Seedlings should have 24 hr light until first set of multiple blade leaves form then switch to 18/6. Auto flower keep 18/6 whole life.

Comment

• DavShoe16
      DavShoe16 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m using tap water. So you are saying I can go ahead and add nutrients since the first blades are showing? I have the fox farm trio nutrients for hydroponics tiger boom, big grow, and the buds and blooms. But haven’t used any yet, since it’s day 6 from seed. So as far as lighting go, I should keep it at 18/6 the whole time, even through flower? And once the root hits the water I’ve been told to remove the top feed, but is it necessary to remove it? I was just hoping I was losing some grow time because it’s been on the first blades going on two days now.

Wasnt losing*

Comment

You said 18/6 whole life on autos; that’s what I got lol

Comment

Start at 1/8 strength if you're nervous. Or 1/4 if you're bold. The growth looks pretty well on time. Time to feed me thinks. Ruderalis perform better with 18/6 in grow and bloom yes.

Comment

• DavShoe16
          DavShoe16 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! I think I’ll go the bold route lol I’ll change the reservoir water tomorrow, mix the nutes, balance PH and pour it in, and see how it goes. Fingers crossed, I’ll keep you updated!!

• Covid420
          Covid420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Make sure you're using a good cleaning enzyme too or H202 if you're not using root microbes

You talking like Hydroguard or something?

Comment

• Covid420
          Covid420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes that's one option. There are a few to choose from. Monitor ph as well. Temperature gauge ain't a bad idea either. 23°C is optimal nutrient absorption. 18 and below is bad and hurts your roots. Above 28 is bad too

Oh my gosh I didn’t think that there would be so much to fuckin do with these things.

Comment

I thought it was just nutes and ph level. Other than the standard light situations.

Comment

Need to mix a new reservoir every week too. And increase nutes if you think you should.

Comment

So here’s Day 8, second day with 1/4th nutrients of the Fox Farm trio hydroponic stuff. Chilling the reservoir with bottles of iced water. Not too much growth, but they aren’t dead so that’s good... they are more of a lighter green color now. The tap root on both of them are touching the oxygenated water now, so I turned of the top feed to them.

Comment

Covid420 you know when you leave your clothes I’m the washing machine and you forgot to put them in the dryer, you know that smell? I’m getting that slight smell from my res. It’s only been day 2 for nutes, the tap roots are still growing, I’m just wondering is this smell usual..

Comment

• Covid420
                  Covid420 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do you have a cleaner enzyme or H202 in the water?

The adjective you're looking for is musty

Comment

Covid420 no I do not, what would you recommend? And whatever you recommend, do I apply it and then balance the ph?

Comment

I've heard hydroguard isnt bad. I'm going to be using "enzymes complete" myself once I get cooking with the auto pot. They are just beneficial bacteria that clean and won't kill your root microbes.

Discover how to finally beat root rot (brown or slimy roots) for good! The secret to curing and prevention is a supplement with a particular type of bacteria!

Lots of info here on preventing hydroponic root rot and yucky water.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X