Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Feeding nutrients

Gday

have a question about using the 3 part nutrient. Grow, bloom and micro. In coco soil. How often should you you feed the nutrients. Every feed or once a week. Unsure of this

cheers

What's the "best" cannabis nutrient system? There are literally thousands of choices! Learn what to look for and get examples of great marijuana nutrients.

Just follow the schedules on the links for whichever brand of nutes you use. Lots of good reads on this site

Comment

Checkout cocoforcannabis.com

This is my first grow and I use RO water and AN nutes. I feed very strong and the plants love it. This site goes over a technique called high frequency fertigation. With coco you can feed often because the medium is blank. Buffering coco before you start potting up is essential. Some products are pre buffered. You never want your coco to be dry and always have 10%-20% runoff.

Comment

Cheers.
        I read,
        ”week 1...feed
        ”week 2 feed... etc
        and give water every other Watering. So this would mean feed once a week and water every other yeah?
        cheers

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          The frequency depends on how much water the plants consuming. I use a wall calendar to keep track of each watering and I write down the ph and ppm levels. When I start a grow I label each week on the calendar wk1, wk 2 ect. Say if a plant needs watered 3 times in a week then it gets whatever nutes that weeks schedule calls for. Just make sure you alternate nutes one watering, then plain ph’d water the next time.

I give nutes or plain ph’d water every other feed. The amount and frequency you need to give them will depend on what stage your babies are at. Make sure you use calmag with coco and you soak to runoff every time.

Comment

I feed every morning at lights on and I go to work. I dont work in winter so I'll feed up to 5 times a day to ensure the coco stays hydrated and the plants eat well through out the day. Trying out an auto.pot next weekend though so I don't have to worry about timely fertigation. If it works well I'll keep using it. Might even just try strictly hand feeding as well when I have the time.

You can start feeding cal mag with RO water as soon as the cotyledon open. And base nutrients when the first blade leaves are showing. Coco allows you to really control what nutrients your plant gets.

Comment

In coco I give nutrients every day. I vary my mixture every watering. I always give cal mag (every watering) I use the fox farm trio plus cal mag and micro brew so I will give micro Brew once every other week, I give grow big at a reduced amount with every watering, big bloom every other watering. With coco, what you feed is the only nutrients the plant gets unlike soil that contains nutrients so I like to give them some nutrients every day. I give reduced amounts compared to the ff chart but it works well for me.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X