Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help, dont know what im doing wrong

Hello,

im on my first time, flower of week 8. I had some minor problems before, but nothing on this scale and i am clueless, and not sure if i should wait to finish flower, not know how long it will take, as it is bagseed sativa/ish, or save what i can and harvest now. Buds are huge now, and look great for now, but bud leaves are starting to turn brown, and theres lots of brown pistils while the trichromes are completely clear.

Few weeks ago i started noticing browning of tips of leaves, which firs looked like nute burn, although i never really went too overboard with the nutes - usually at half of recommended dosage without problems. I lowered light strength, thinking it might be light burn from LED light being too close, i adjusted the nutes, someone on the forum suggested PH related issues so i started checking that, but it seems fine.

As to my knowledge i am doing nothing differently than i was during 60 day veg and firs few weeks of flower, and everything was mostly ok. But take a look at the photos now.... it looks horrible and i have no idea what am i doing wrong...

Growing in coco, canna coco nutes, under LED panel, indoor. The temps sometimes spike to 30C but there were absolutely no issues during veg and first few weeks of flower. All this started sometimes during week 5.

Some leaves on plant are doing fine, mostly those that are not exposed to direct light. Those that are directly under light look worst, are browning form the edges/tips, curving, spotty and are crispy to touch, even if they are mostly green, they almost fall apart while still being "juicy".

New buds are still growing up, and while they are new they look fine and green, but after a while leaves on them start turning brown too.

I dont know what to do anymore ... should i harvest now or wait? Any ideas what this is?

Please, someone help
    Ask for anything that you may need, ill provide more photos, info, anything i can.

Thanks!

I see possible potassium deficiency and lots of foxtailing. From your description, you have light burn: https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...ems/light-burn
    "Some leaves on plant are doing fine, mostly those that are not exposed to direct light. Those that are directly under light look worst, are browning form the edges/tips, curving, spotty and are crispy to touch" and "New buds are still growing up, and while they are new they look fine and green, but after a while leaves on them start turning brown too."

Light is too close which causes foxtailing and dry leaves. Edges of plant look like potassium deficiency. https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...ium-deficiency

Raise light and make sure plant is getting enough potassium, however if you are close to harvest then deficiencies are normal as the bud ripens the plant cannibalizes the leaves.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the resposne, i've read up on it all again, didn't consider potassium, but i guess i did have problems with it in the past.

I thought it might be light burn, but i can't put light any higher as it is, even the buds are supercropped already (some more than twice) and wired to the mesh to keep it from growing up...
      Did what i could, added a little P/K14 to feed and made a diffuser to weaken the light.

Some more recent photos.

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        I would practice HST and LST on your next grows so this doesnt happen again. You are going to get airy or crispy bud if you continue to let it grow too high. Indoor growing IMO requires lst and hst to create a even canopy and spread the plant out not up. Depending on how long you let it veg, maybe a shorter veg time would keep it smaller. I veg mine for 6-8 weeks depending on heartiness of plant. Any more and i would have an unmanageable tent like you currently do.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X