Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these ready for harvest? New grower looking for input.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Are these ready for harvest? New grower looking for input.

Hello! I've got two auto fem girl scout cookies growing from Fast-buds. This is my very first grow and i figure i could use some help determine the correct chopping time for my ladies!
    I grow in soil and i use biobizz nutes. By my beginner standards these girls look ready to start flushing, but they are supposed to have a 7-8 weeks of flower time. I planted them 15-06-2020 so that only makes them 8,2 weeks old!
    Also It seems to me at least, that one of the girls are further ahead than the other, she's been a more deep purple than the other for a week or so now.
    Any input or help appreciated.

Girl One:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200818_170707.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	437801Click image for larger version

Name:	plant 1.1.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	437795Click image for larger version

Name:	plant 1.3.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	437793Click image for larger version

Name:	plant 1.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	437794

Girl two, the one i think looks a bit underdeveloped compared to the other, its another shade of green for sure!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200818_170723.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	437796Click image for larger version

Name:	plant 2.1.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	437797Click image for larger version

Name:	plant 2.2.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	437798Click image for larger version

Name:	plant 2.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	437799
    Attached Files

Well done on the grow showing lots of cloudy if you like that way or you could wait for amber.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• wombatcombat
      wombatcombat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! do you think i should be worried about the difference in appearance? they should be the same genetics.

I'm thinking another week or two, trichs look cloudy but very little amber to them, I like about a 30% amber saturation at harvest. Different seeds from the same plant will often differ in genetics and is likely what you have going on with the different colors and growth rates. You are close, keep an eye on those trichomes. I also agree with you about flushing time, they look great!

Comment

• wombatcombat
      wombatcombat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much for the feedback and for putting my mind at ease.

Don't flush it's broscience, you're just starving her. https://www.rxgreentechnologies.com/...lushing-trial/

first one is getting pretty close but i'd wait for more amber trich.

Comment

• wombatcombat
      wombatcombat commented
      Editing a comment
      Your source seems credible and i cannot find another source that goes into detail how flushing improved anything so I'm inclined to agree with you, that flushing is bro science. But even on this very site they have tutorials on how and why to flush, which just makes it confusing to me.

• UnderGrower4
      UnderGrower4 commented
      Editing a comment
      that's what so great about cannabis starting to be legal; actual scientists studying it. Some of the "old ways" might not all be good.

They do mature at different rates, if you used no chemicals just keep watering doing what your doing. 2nd needs at least a couple weeks. Best to start counting from time of flower not seedling. Go from there but most importaint how you like the high and if it's indica or sativa regardless the more amber the more duhhhhhhh long slow cure hanging and drying nice and slow really seems to help with effects

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Smerft85
      Smerft85 commented
      Editing a comment
      "The more duhhhhh" LOVE IT! 🤣

• wombatcombat
      wombatcombat commented
      Editing a comment
      The first time i noticed they had entered flower was the 13-07-2020, as it was my first time grow and all i cannot say that it didn't start even a week before as i wasn't quite looking for it at the time just yet. but around there, which still only gives them 5/6 weeks of flower time so far. Unfortunately ill have to dry them in my tent as i have no other space to do it in, and therefor they'll have to be chopped at the same time :/

Well all OK don't be worried you've still got a ways to go looks like your doing a great job, i love it when my plants are so healthy they do mature rapidly seems when all the environments are perfect or close to it.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X