WR Reveg Clones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO WR Reveg Clones

The clones I took from the White Rhino reveg are rooting and I'll be able to move to a tote in next few days. Since I hadn't got the tote for them finish I focused on that today. The totes I have been using I could no longer find some time last year. I found ones that were only an inch taller and would fit trolleys as I have them currently designed. They are 18 gallon which does concern me it may be more of a shallow water culture. I have found using 5 gallon high level and add when it drops to a 4 gallon level works well with my 10 gallon totes when vegging and 6 to 5 when flowering that I may need to add few gallons to maintain depth due to larger foot print. Only time will tell and it would be easy enough to swap everything into one of the 10 gallons totes if I see they won't work for me. The new tote didn't have holes in handle area so i drilled one in each for the air lines. Then did the nutrient plumbing I like taking samples and using drops to do my PH checks and found running one up tying it and using zip tie to hold in place is great way to get my samples. Knowing I was doing this today I rinsed and sorted the clay pebbles for this grow I'm putting large ones on bottom for larger gaps for the root medium around the starter cubes them selves and topping off with the really small ones, maybe this grow will finally not finding me retrieving them when I crack the lid. As this grow progresses I will add updates to this topic.

On 8-21 the roots were coming through the baskets. On the 26th the roots were dying off I changed the DWC solution and hoped for the best. As of last nigh I once again have healthy roots coming through the baskets. Along with new roots there was new growth popping on the plants and the stems are beginning to lift the wires I used to train general direction of growth.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Very clean setup Poppa off to a great start

Got the trolley built beginning of the week, have the brackets bent for the supporting the scrog net and plan to build and string the scrog frame in next couple of days. Did some trimming and training this week, some of the plants want to pop out a couple of branches every inch or so along their stems. And of course here is a picture to visually show how they are growing.

Comment

I decided 6 plants in a tote was going to be a pain in the ass to deal with. I took the 2 small ones out and moved one into the corner spot. I made up a couple of holders for the air pump and mounted them while mounting brackets for the scrog frame. Since I had the scrog frame from the White Widow reveg I lost so I set it up to see how what training I had done so far was going to line up with a scrog net. Last night seeing how close the branches were to where I want them I was training them to go I decided to start them flowering today and finish locating them with the flowering stretch.

Comment

Not progressing to bad considering the first week under reduced lighting they were getting 11 hours of light a day while while changing light start time by 1 hour per day to reset to my life's schedule And a second week of 50% reduction of light due to high outdoor temps in week 2. The weather is projected to have highs in 50's and 60's for next couple of weeks so all lights are back on full power and fresh air intake was put back in window last night. Will need to start trimming a minimum of the upper leafs this week to keep them from blocking bud sites. The reveg grows I have going will cover trim I need to make hash for friends. I'll only smoke it if I run out of the White Widow hash I use for my med needs. I have decided to experiment on some trimming with this grow. MY plan is to leave a layer of fan leafs at scrog level to act as a solar panel while trimming any inside the perimeter or near other other plants along the colas as they grow to keep them separated the best I can.

Comment

Realized the middle of last week I had missed doing a biweekly update on my grow so here is a monthly update. I decided to change up the trimming experiment. Since I have 4 plants from clones taken from the White Rhino reveg in a tote what better side by side test could I get. Along with taking the leafs I had previously mentioned I decided to remove all the leafs from under the scrog net on the front 2 plants leaving only the ones around outside perimeter. Adding my weekly pictures.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X