• Show
Clear All

Neutralizing The Powdery

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200816_140125.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	4.23 MB
ID:	437252
    I haven't encountered a problem transferring it from one place to another yet, but it's because I'm lucky, not because I'm smart, lol.

MY INDOOR GROW DOESN'T HAVE IT. I DON'T GROW POT OUTSIDE. Thanks. I needed to yell that someplace.

This summer was the pits up north and I lost a whole bunch of regular garden plants this year to it, and for my trouble, developed a severe contact dermatitis situation everywhere it touched my skin.

White Powdery Mildew, WPM, aka The Powdery as it will always be known as hereafter. My boys crack up every time I say it, but "Omg, it's the The Powdery again!" is what is is!

I need to know if anything kills this stuff on plants that are already dead. When I cut down half my containers and discovered the new skin sensitivity, I abandoned the project and the clippings are still out there like plague victims in the streets of 16th century London. I'm ready to go out with a flamethrower/dab torch, but it's too bloody hot and I'd probably need a new deck. Is there anything I can put on this crap to neutralize it before I resort to wearing a tyvek suit? Do they even make tyvek suits with a hippie-skirt option?
    Seriously, I need to kill this shit before it kills me. Do not want to track it in where there are still plants doing okay. I've been scrubbing like a surgeon and changing my clothes when I tend to them during their normal vegging business hours, but I'm in and out all day. That happens when your whole range is suddenly your own yard unless you mask up.

I'll be dipped if I wanna mask up at home, too.

Any suggestions short of the nuclear option are welcome.
    Last edited by AccidentalGardener; 08-16-2020, 04:15 PM. Reason: A day without me editing something is like a day without sunshine. I forgot the picture, lol.

hahaha...just noticed the roots sticking out...the remnants of the 2 plants I harvested indoors. That's a way to deter folks from too close an examination of my activities

Comment

milk works on live garden plants fruit veg i have an allotment whati used it thrives in dry or fungicides like benomyl sulphur bupirimate with triforine soon as u notice it pull affected stuff out and burn it and it can stay on plants over winter then start again year after dry soil i meant to put or try these fungicides hope help sorry its a bit backward

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        AccidentalGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like I need to do a controlled burn on my duplex deck and backyard. The fire dept could spray me down without leaving the station. I can see their flagpole from said deck. I should ask if they could use milk instead if water. Cover all the bases. Get a long tongs and a tyvek suit. FML. Lol.

I was ready to go nuclear on it too!! Lost Coast Plant therapy kicked that shit's ass both indoors & out for me. Took 3 applications & then another a few days later for the outside ones. It's pricey but worth it. I chased that shit for months & lost 4 beautiful autos to it this Spring & a GSC just before I got it.
      Last edited by JDU; 08-16-2020, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        JDU you'll find it doesnt eliminate it.. really no different than Safers Defender. Nice minty aroma tho. And i was thinking the same thing you were when i first got it..thats pretty pricey. then i did some quick figuring..i bought the 12 oz bottle(30 some bucks. makes 12 Gallons!) If i was to go buy a bottle of safers..say $8 bucks each per qt bottle..12 gallons of that would cost 350+ So..its really pretty cheap in the long run. i'v been using it for 3 grows now. inside and out. Dont forget to spray the inside of your tent everytime you spray the plants.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X