Trichomes just won't turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trichomes just won't turn

Hello beautiful people! I am in week 12 of flower of my 3rd grow indoors in a 4x4x80 tent. 2 plants (Afghan Kush and Jack Herer). First grow was in super soil under CFL's. Decent yield, decent potency. Grow #2 was in coco coir under LEDs. Better yield, strong stuff. This grow has been DWC under HPS/MH. I have strictly followed this site's direction (you guys deserve a Pulitzer, by the way!). Here's my problem: I have yet to see amber trichomes, though I have exceeded recommended flower time on each grow by at least 2 weeks. Humidity levels have stayed at recommended levels throughout all grows. The only thing I can come up with is I've struggled to keep the temp below 85 degrees with the lights on this grow, but not on the others under different lights but, again, I've had this issue on all 3 grows. I would appreciate any thoughts from the community. It's hard to believe many others haven't had the same issue that I am but I just can't seem to find much reference to troubleshooting this issue. Thanks, in advance.

I too, am on my third grow, coming up on 60 days. I also noticed paltry amber trichome coverage with my second grow. Like you I waited. Since I had my third crop anxiously waiting in the wings, I finally started harvesting. It's been fairly potent, even without them.

My understanding is that much depends upon genetics. Sativas apparently don't present amber, the way Indicas do. Even then, some Indica plants may not end up having too many amber trichomes. I don't worry about it. My harvests have alleviated my ills and bolstered my disposition.

It seems like you're charging ahead, full steam. Carry on and don't sweat the small stuff.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X