• Show
Clear All

Battle of the Clones

Click image for larger version

Name:	clone war.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	437009
    I'm gonna try something I've never done before. I've taken some clones of my Kap'n Kunt photo dwarf and would like to keep them going through to Spring when I can treat one of them with colloidal silver. My question is; do you think I'll have to do the whole whiz-bang indoor grow setup? I currently have them in my guestroom up high behind the TV where the cat can't get to them under blue and red LED's and a multi-spectrum old school grow light for 18 hours a day. The plants should not ever exceed 12-14 inches in height if they behave like their mother. They're currently in 2" rock wool cubes and once they root I will move them to soil in 16 oz cups. The guestroom is light, airy, and I can easily maintain temperatures along with humidity there. When the weather is favorable I can put them outside for some real sunshine. Attempting to do the contained enclosure, exhaust, and fan environment is doable I suppose but I just don't know how imperative it is considering that the room itself isn't much different than having a 25'X30' tent. It could very easily be my pipe dream and I need experienced minds to set me straight if I'm being foolish or overlooking crucial details. Thanks y'all

I don't know why it wouldn't work just fine. You might lose some photons not having reflective walls right nxt to the plants but I'm sure it wouldn't be enough to make a big difference.

Comment

What you are doing will work just fine for keeping cannabis as a house plant or bonsai mothers.

When keeping cannabis in veg for long periods of time you have to change you're mine set of what you have learned in regards to growing the plant doing almost the opposite.

lower light levels, I use a 2' t5 fixture with 96w on 24/0.

smaller pots, I recommend 1 half gallon Sq pot. 16oz can work but you will have more problems and work with it that small.

lower Temps and higher RH, 60f/60rh combined withe low watts slows the plant growth.

watering and nutrient a little less frequently.

Cut the plant back about once a month, removing foilage cuts down on the avaliable process of Photosynthesis, less water uptake ect.... and the pruning stunts the growth like a pause button.

This is a great way to keep Phenotype around and will give you the time you need to get you on the road to fem seeds but I'm going to give you one more suggestion, back breeding and stabilizing genetics is a learning process in its self so if you have smoke that is the boom for you keep it around like a house plant, cutting clones and as a back up till you have grown out a couple of your new seeds

This plant is a clone from a seed, almost two years old and been in the same pot the whole time without root pruning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200816_121059.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	437188
      good luck.

Space for Rent.

Comment

• Gjourney101
        Gjourney101 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's the size of a small tree trunk 😳

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        Great info. Thank you. Because this plant has so many ideal Bonsai traits, my hope is to eventually try and stabilize it for that purpose. There is a real interest in the Bonsai community for strains that have the tiny leaf structure like this one has proportionate to it's trunk size and trunk thickness. It's also a perfect plant for stealth garden grows, You have to look close to realize it's cannabis. What you're saying will take me some time to digest but it sounds like there is a lot of thought and experience behind it.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X